Halo Combat Evolved Campaign for HaloMD

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

luckyleol

Halo Combat Evolved Campaign for HaloMD

Post by luckyleol » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:39 pm

Hey guys from the HaloMD community, i was able to get the campaign levels from Halo: Combat evolved and make it work with haloMD so you guys don't have to do the same work as i did.
Link:<removed>
How to make it work in the console, which can be brought up using the tilde key (~), you type in "map_name (map name)"
what i mean there is if the map is called a10 (thats the first mission) it will be "map_name a10" or if it is a30 it will be "map_name a30" and so on and forth.
Opening it up using the standard UI won't work unless it has farther modification to make it work.
the missions in order are
  • a10
    a30
    a50
    b30( this isn't in the download file as it is already in the game)
    b40
    c10
    c20
    c40
    d20
    d40

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Campaign for HaloMD

Post by nil » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:57 pm

Sorry, we would prefer all the campaign maps not being posted here for download. Our recommendation to anyone is to use a copy of Mac Halo that they already purchased to obtain the maps, or to buy the PC retail version which is still up for sale and has the same maps. Other than removing the link, I still left this post in tact in case the info here may be useful to others.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

podnaut

Post by podnaut » Tue May 10, 2016 2:17 pm

I already have an original copy of Halo CE for Mac, and I am just wondering how difficult everyone thinks it would be to set up the rest of the campaign in HaloMD's standard UI. I would just play the original game, but the gameplay is broken and will only play in slow motion. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

podnaut

Post by podnaut » Tue May 10, 2016 2:34 pm

P.S. As I am already playing them via the console command map_name [mapname], would anyone happen to know if changing the difficulty is possible?

mike

Post by mike » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:05 am

luckyleol wrote:Hey guys from the HaloMD community, i was able to get the campaign levels from Halo: Combat evolved and make it work with haloMD so you guys don't have to do the same work as i did.
How to make it work in the console, which can be brought up using the tilde key (~), you type in "map_name (map name)"
what i mean there is if the map is called a10 (thats the first mission) it will be "map_name a10" or if it is a30 it will be "map_name a30" and so on and forth.
Opening it up using the standard UI won't work unless it has farther modification to make it work.
  • a10
    a30
    a50
    b40
    c10
    c20
    c40
    d20
    d40

anyway you still have this link to full campaign?

DrakeWasHere

Post by DrakeWasHere » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:33 pm

mike wrote:anyway you still have this link to full campaign?
You can pretty easily extract the map files from any retail copy of the Halo installer without using any CD key or Windows.

Otherwise PM me and I can send you resources for doing so as well as my own results so you can check them with your own purchased copy.

MryddinEmrys

Post by MryddinEmrys » Mon May 08, 2017 4:11 pm

In order to play the full campaign for Halo: Combat Evolved, you need to get the PC Version of Halo. This can be obtained for free from many sites online, which I won't list here because they'll probably be removed. Once you have the PC Version, look at the files inside. Open up the folder called "Maps". The files inside this folder are the campaign and multiplayer levels that you want. Leave that window of finder open, we'll come back to it later.
Next open up HaloMD. From the lobby, go to Mods > Reveal Mods in Finder or use the shortcut "Command - Shift - M". This will open a finder window with your mods. Take the files from the PC Version and stick them into your mods folder. There will be some duplicate maps which you can replace. Then close the finder windows.
Open up HaloMD again. Press 'Start'. Go to Campaign and select your difficulty level. Then open up the console with ~ (the key next to the 1/! key). (Note: you need to check the box to allow console in the setup window when Halo is opening.) Into the console, type "map_name *", where * is the name of the level you want to go to. A listing of the levels:
a10 - Pillar of Autumn
a30 - Halo
a50 - Truth and Reconciliation
b30 - Silent Cartographer (this will already be installed, you can overwrite it when copying in files)
b40 - Assault on the Control Room
c10 - 343 Guilty Spark
c20 - The Library
c40 - Two Betrayals
d20 - Keyes
d40 - The Maw

There are also 25 multiplayer maps that can be selected when setting up a multiplayer game.

If you have trouble, try following the directions again word for word. If it still doesn't work, you must be doing something wrong. I may eventually record a video on youtube to do this. If I do, I will make another post with the link.

Enjoy.

Sakon

Post by Sakon » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:51 pm

Torrents are your friends guys for full version of Halo for Mac. You can grab all the maps once you dl the game and put them in HaloMD's maps folder and basically have the full game at your fingertips. People with other full version MP maps can even join your servers if you host a full version map.

Gunner1941

Post by Gunner1941 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:37 am

Hw do I get A30 Multiplayer to show up in the lobby?

jimmybaz

Post by jimmybaz » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:46 am

luckyleol wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:39 pm Hey guys from the HaloMD community, i was able to get the campaign levels from Halo: Combat evolved and make it work with haloMD so you guys don't have to do the same work as i did.
  • a10
    a30
    a50
    b40
    c10
    c20
    c40
    d20
    d40

can you make it with out using console e.g (map_name a10) can start it as you normally would