flycam?

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

joshZippy

flycam?

Post by joshZippy » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:33 pm

the old commands ("debug_camera_load" etc., which worked fine in older version of HPC) do nothing. is there a way to get flycam working in HaloMD? my clan has some old projects we'd love to see finished.

thanks so much!

josh

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Re: flycam?

Post by nil » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:47 pm

joshZippy wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:33 pm the old commands ("debug_camera_load" etc., which worked fine in older version of HPC) do nothing. is there a way to get flycam working in HaloMD? my clan has some old projects we'd love to see finished.

thanks so much!

josh
I intentionally obfuscated those strings at some point to prevent potential cheating, though it's probably a weak concern now.. I think I had to also enable a hidden flag to get those commands to be executable in the first place, so it's not like they used to be available on the stock Mac version. You could use a memory editor like Bit Slicer to search for the slightly altered string or a hex editor like Hex Fiend on the Halo executable (off memory, stored somewhere in ~/Library/Application Support/HaloMD/ or a couple directory levels up from if you go to Mods -> Reveal Mods in Finder from the lobby app's menu, possibly in a game data directory around there). For example, you will be able to find "ebug_camera_load" 8-bit string and notice the byte preceding it is non-printable, and fix it up.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:00 am

thanks for the response! unfortunately that's way out of my depth. do you know of anyone who could make it happen?

thanks again!

josh

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:28 pm

Guest wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:00 am thanks for the response! unfortunately that's way out of my depth..
I don't think so :wink:

Target Halo in Bit Slicer, search for an 8-bit String value "ebug_camera_load", show it in the memory viewer, insert the first letter ('d').

But if you don't try then it'll never work :p.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

joshZippy

Post by joshZippy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:54 pm

nil wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:28 pm
Guest wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:00 am thanks for the response! unfortunately that's way out of my depth..
I don't think so :wink:

Target Halo in Bit Slicer, search for an 8-bit String value "ebug_camera_load", show it in the memory viewer, insert the first letter ('d').

But if you don't try then it'll never work :p.
thank you! I'll check it out soon ... my backups / Halo apps are on a drive far away. sounds easy enough. :)

joshZippy

Post by joshZippy » Tue May 08, 2018 3:16 pm

eee! it worked! THANK YOU! this is gamechanging—all the old videos I want to finish can now be done. :)

rock on!