Bigass with no shields

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Jumbo

Bigass with no shields

Post by Jumbo » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:35 am

Just cannot enjoy Bigass with the shields down and apparently I'm not the only one. I've expressed my view to Atom on this, but he says the server is much more popular this way. Maybe...... but not with the old regulars. It's too sensitive and not balanced and not very much fun when you are dying every 5 seconds by every noob that shoots you in the toe. Some of us still like skill level to be a major factor.

It appears this is not going to change, and I just cannot get into it anymore, no matter how hard I try. Is there any way the shields version can be posted for those of us who remember the old EPIC battles that used to be fought here??? This might be a good solution to what I see as a problem.

:cry:

swampy

Re: Bigass with no shields

Post by swampy » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:56 am

"Maybe...... but not with the old regulars. It's too sensitive and not balanced and not very much fun when you are dying every 5 seconds by every noob that shoots you in the toe."

That's not true, I always try to shoot you in your ass!

On the bright side it looks like there are now some mods/admins to clean out the trolls.

signed.. La Migra.

a meme

Post by a meme » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:42 am

Hey, I'm one of the new admins on the server. My main name is "a meme" and many of you may know me by it. While we (the new admins) HAVE seen all the complaints regarding shields and personally want a rotation system, we are unfortunately unable to execute it. As it stands, atomical and possibly love are the only ones capable of doing so. Rest assured, the new mods and myself have mentioned it to atom and will try to discuss it with him after we stablilize the server a bit more.

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:43 am

Thanks for responding. Please note that I love the Bigass map and have been a regular there for years. I'm not trying to drum up any "Trumpish" :wink: campaign, just looking for input and possible solutions. Atom & Love know me well and know I think they are great guys who do a awesome job on Bigass. Not being an ass kisser when I say that.

I have seen two Bigass Maps up at the same time before. Just wondering if two versions can run or if someone else can put up a no shields version

Jum

a mouse

Post by a mouse » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:24 am

Where is the bigass server, cant seem to find it lately. after a major crash while playing

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:50 am

a mouse have you tried direct IP?

AMouse

Post by AMouse » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:57 am

I tried but it does not work.
Maybee i am somehow banned i dont know.
The last game i played seemed hacked by someone who randomly banned people.
Someone help pls

Jarrett

Post by Jarrett » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:55 pm

I fully agree with Jumbo. No shields makes it so the machine gun you spawn with or the sniper are the only two weapons that can effectively be used. Other weapons are basically useless cause its two shots with the spawn gun or one shot with sniper.

Nash

Post by Nash » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:02 pm

I agree with Jumbo. It’s makes sense in a Call of Duty campaign, but if your character’s got armor a single shot rule doesn’t make senses. So, yeah, too sensitive, but it throws off your rhythms. You made moves based on how much damage you could take before being killed, and by what weapon. As it is anyone with a sniper rifle, or rocket laid her can camp a base from a distance.

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:59 am

A bit late, atom already added a shielded version.

Nash

Post by Nash » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:10 pm

Better late than never.

jeepwrangler

Post by jeepwrangler » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:11 am

One of the new admins banned a common PC CD-key which is why a lot of people can't join.

I can join fine on my Mac but when my friend tries to join on his PC, he can't (says he's banned.)

It's probably why Atomical said admins should ban IP's not CD-keys. The Halo PC CD-key database has been leaked so it's not a matter of piracy anymore, especially since its really difficult to buy new copies of Halo PC with unused keys.
The last game i played seemed hacked by someone who randomly banned people.
There was a bit of a power-tripping admin when I was there last time. Like they were trigger happy because they just received admin earlier that day, lol. Hope it was sorted out for you.
Last edited by jeepwrangler on Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

jeepwrangler

Post by jeepwrangler » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:14 am

Nash wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:02 pm I agree with Jumbo. It’s makes sense in a Call of Duty campaign, but if your character’s got armor a single shot rule doesn’t make senses. So, yeah, too sensitive, but it throws off your rhythms. You made moves based on how much damage you could take before being killed, and by what weapon. As it is anyone with a sniper rifle, or rocket laid her can camp a base from a distance.
+1

I don't mind no-shields, per se, but it makes DMR overpowered and close-quarter battles almost non-existent.

Maybe a happy medium would be no-shields with 150% health or dumb down the DMR's a bit.

I don't see many of the old regulars anymore. Could be that they moved on or just don't really like the lack of shields.

I guess we'll see with the new shields server!