Music for Epic Programmatical Creation

Everything related to music.
draconic74
Green Beret

Music for Epic Programmatical Creation

Post by draconic74 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:54 am

We seem to be getting slightly off-topic in the other thread which Fonzie posted. Seems to be a bunch of music floating about for programming. So I think it should be in it's own thread. So, uh... Here we go. If you have any good youtube stuff, any good radio stations or streams, perhaps a Pandora playlist, maybe a download to a pack of music. Or perhaps just mention of a few good songs or certain band. Stuffs like that.

Post it here. Also, if you don't have at least a link, please don't make a post. We can discuss such things in General or Spam or elsewhere, keep this one for the music only.

=========================================
=========================================

Another excellent one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiaOFOMPOBc

So yeah, basically anything by these guys. The music is cheerful, fast paced and epic, but still holds to classical roots, with enough new stuff thrown in to make it just a bit more interesting then EEFGGFEDCCDEEDD. Though the music videos are certainly a bit odd.

Sparky
Delta Force

Re: Music for Epic Programmatical Creation

Post by Sparky » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:20 pm

I can't say anything nice about that group, I really just don't like it.

The music I have on iTunes I rarely listen to, but it consists mostly of trumpet-related music. I'll edit this post later with some links to uploaded music...

...so because I'm a composer also, I basically listen to my own music, or if I like something, I tend to edit it or arrange it into something else :? . Here is some music that you might like, although I only listen to other people's performances while focusing on a task. Setting anything on loop can be ear-ringing, and I'm rather cautious about that.
Gunstar Heroes: Save Yellow -- I made this into a loop and arranged it below
100 Fanfares for Four Trumpets: 46. Dedicated to Gunstar Heroes -- My arrangement of the above
Sincipital Psychosis 2.2 -- something I made with GarageBand based upon a part of another composition that I didn't write WARNING: THIS IS A >500MB WAV FILE, YOU MUST RIGHT-CLICK AND DOWNLOAD, NOT LOAD IN YOUR BROWSER.

...you get the idea. Very rarely will I listen to another recording unless I find it brilliant as in some of the music I posted at SonataForum. (Username: musician; Password: tritone)
Last edited by Sparky on Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:26 am

Dammit. That last link somehow caused a Force Reload of all my Safari pages... So I lost my post. I'll sum it up because I'm too lazy to write it all again.

Thought I clicked Programming, not Music. Or was this moved here?

I'm picky about music. I still hold the idea that most artists have only one or two good songs, so when someone comes around and proves otherwise, I'm thrilled to listen to their stuff. I should clarify, by good songs I mean something I can listen to over and over without getting bored, or songs that I won't stop listening to after a week or month. I have a lot of stuff on iTunes that I barely listen to anymore.

Also, music for work and gaming is different. Former contains little to no vocals, and the latter is usually more intense. In fact, you can get pumped for anything by listening to "Be a Man". I don't know why, but it works every time. Also really fun if the game has a chat to start dropping the lyrics and see who picks them up. Happens more often then you would think.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:12 pm

draconic74 wrote:In fact, you can get pumped for anything by listening to "Be a Man".
http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/let-it ... id60695558 -- this album? B)
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:35 pm

Da hell... No, I was thinking more like this. I don't care if you don't like the movie, you can't just say this song sucks. My friend admits that he cleans his room to this song, and it's like taking on the Huns. There is a reason it has more views then all the other similar songs.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:36 pm

Well, if you don't mind the plagiarism and the silliness of it all (I don't really want to spoil it for you?), I'd say some of John Williams' theme songs are nice:

Otherwise, I'd say try Strauß and others... you know, the REAL composers (sorry, Williams):

-- a piece on which I wrote a report