SEAL

Post by LordLothar » Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:29 pm

dont know
hooah
Ich stehe alleine

hx239
Operative

Post by hx239 » Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:35 am

loth is now on my team. all the others ive been trying to find havnt been on when i have sooo... fuck. i need 2 more and i aint useing noobs
I can't get enough of Gargoyles.

Dark Angelus
Peon

Post by Dark Angelus » Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:23 am

Last edited by Dark Angelus on Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LordLothar
SEAL

Post by LordLothar » Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:30 pm

pfft me and hx can take on everyone muhahahhahaha :twisted:
hooah
Ich stehe alleine

Dark Angelus
Peon

Post by Dark Angelus » Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:03 pm

Last edited by Dark Angelus on Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LordLothar
SEAL

Post by LordLothar » Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:53 pm

actully i dont camp as bad i as did when i started playing, but when people are running around for minutes then i just camp because the other person is bound to run into sooner or later if i stay in one spot
hooah
Ich stehe alleine

Hardedge
Veteran

Post by Hardedge » Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:13 pm

we used to camp a lot when graham was playing with us XD

Dark Angelus
Peon

Post by Dark Angelus » Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:22 pm

Last edited by Dark Angelus on Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hx239
Operative

Post by hx239 » Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:37 pm

well, i personally doubted the whole thing from the start. no tourney has ever worked yet, i see no reason why it shud now.
I can't get enough of Gargoyles.

Sephiroth Clock
Veteran

Post by Sephiroth Clock » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:20 pm

You can pretty much count me out now. I barely have any spare time now that school has started.

LordLothar
SEAL

Post by LordLothar » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:28 pm

1. if we do this tourney it will have to be on weekends since school started and if so we need to figure out when everyone can get together to play or just put 2 teams against each other one weekend than 2 different teams the next weekend. and we can have practice games during the week
2. figure out who can actully play and when. if youre not sure u can do it then dont say u can
3. have a page with all the players can say they can play. organize them by random into teams. if u dont have enough players then they can be backups for the other teams just in case on of the players drop out.
4. say what maps are going to be played. tell what the rules will be.
5. make sure the people are available to play when their team plays if they cant then the backup players can take their place.
6. its obvious that you cant do 4 member teams. so do 3 or 2 member teams. and if you so desire have different types games to play such as stronghold (its a type of game u play) but i dont think most rsd players know how to play them but it tells you the rules at the beginning anyways so im sure u people can figure it out
hooah
Ich stehe alleine

Blade
Veteran

Post by Blade » Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:03 pm

Dark Angelus-thanks for being another random pessimist spreading misinformation. (in return thank me for being a random cynic with a stick up my ass)

To be honest i was waiting politely for hx to get off his ass, and he did when he got up and shoved it in my face. If he gets a team together sometime soon thatd be great.

As for anyone who doubts this, thank you for asking if there was anything you could do for this tourney.

Lothar, i appreciate you thinking things out. in return ill point out where youre wrong and why in the next post that i shouldve posted a few weeks ago. Nothing wrong with what you said, just wrong that I neglected to publicly display the information here.

Blade
Veteran

Post by Blade » Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:54 pm

Well here we are:

OFFICIAL UPDATE

The "tourney" is being promoted to an RSD Ladder (the original team setting modified in the ways below, and an individual ladder to go along with it).

This was not a misunderstanding, but it became one when i neglected to post an update here:
Four member teams is the maximum attendance per team (you can have teams with totals of three players now! w00t! this is what most teams will probably do now). The corresponding minimum is two (individual tourney is seperate).
HOWEVER
If one team's attendance should exceed anothers in any given match, a player MUST be temporarily "cut" from the match to balance teams.

Regular matches will be three games of team survival on maps to be determined at a later date when team application is done.

"Elite" (post-season matches, as i am making this a real ongoing ladder, this will just be season 1) will have three games as well but organized as follows:
#1 game: Team Survival
#2 game: Assassination
#3 game: Double Stronghold

An individual match will be elimination by twos to the extent possible, ones to the extent not possible. Example Results:
Sephiroth Clock
Pie
hx239 (Eliminated)

As seen above, only hx239 was eliminated SINCE the final match should be a 1v1.

Now, the individual ladder rankings:
Everyone participating will be listed together in descending order. Everyone will be awarded score for a match based on the number of participants they killed out of the number of total participants at the match. This disables people being at the bottom of the ladder just for not participating in a match, and any player can participate in as few or many matches they wish (this is allowed because it will become strategically flawed as the season progresses). Matches will be as many games (on one map) it takes to get down to 1 person. Different matches (sets of games) will obviously have some sort of map rotation to be determined.

The team ladder rankings:
The scores for a 4v4 match will be mixed together with those of a 2v2 match and a 3v3 match. Points will be awarded, per match (of three games) for kills (one kill recieves one point). There will also be a one point bonus for a team winning a game in the match. This enables the maximum score of a match to be 4+4+4+1+1+1 (15) if a team should kill all four members of the other team and hopefully win all three games that way. There are no points deducted for loss of points or loss of games. Penalty for not having at least two players at a match (thus making the match's purpose obselete) will be a deduction of five points from the teams total score.

As an added, personal note, I sincerely apologize to hx239, LordLothar, and Dark Angelus for forgetting to take the stick out when i sat down.
Lothar as an added note, most of your points are now void but I appreciate them (especially the ones that arent void).

Now, a few more things:
INDIVIDUALS CAN NOW PARTICIPATE WITHOUT MEMBERSHIP TO A TEAM!
Would TEAM LEADERS contact me with updated membership info on their teams!
TEAM AND INDIVIDUAL APPLICATIONS WILL BE CLOSED ON MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 13TH, 2004
THE SEASON WILL BEGIN TWO WEEKS THEREAFTER
THAT SEASON WILL LAST 12 WEEKS WITH A 6 WEEK POST SEASON
DURING POST SEASON THERE WILL BE THREE TOTAL TEAMS, ANY TEAM LOWER THAN 3RD IN THE REGULAR SEASON RANKING WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE
INDIVIDUAL POST SEASON WILL ELIMINATE 4 INDIVIDUALS

(Sorry about caps, had to get the important messages through)
The official maps will be as follows:
A Match:
De Dust
The Rock
Stronghold (crossing enabled)

B Match:
The Met
Bastogne
Bunkers under Fire (crossing enabled)

Individual Matches will rotate through the six maps.
THOUGH, again, one match will be 3-5+ games.

Lastly:
TEAM LEADERS PLEASE CONTACT ME WITH UPDATED TEAM INFORMATION WHEN YOUR TEAM IS COMPLETE!
ANY INDIVIDUAL NOT ALREADY PARTICIPATING IN THE TOURNAMENT OR WISHING NOT TO PARTICIPATE IN THE INDIVIDUAL SIDE PLEASE CONTACT ME!

(I know i said that, its the most important stuff though)

I can be reached by
Gameranger account 122656 (or "üBlade <{[®SD X]}>" usually)
AIM: EEEdiotPaul

Note that i do not enable private messages from non buddies on GameRanger. If youre not a buddy of mine, then work around that through AIM or other ways on GameRanger.

Any questions, comments, concerns, doubts, contact me there as well!

And again, I apologize for neglecting to post a public update! Please, anyone who has been having doubts, discontinue having them. This is a ladder now, not a tourney, so please support it! Anyone who would like to help can contact me in the above ways!

The best to all!
Last edited by Blade on Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blade
Veteran

Post by Blade » Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:06 pm

Now DA, please dont ever ask me again to acknowledge that the tournament is off. When its failed (or somehow gets to the season to end all seasons) ill either say "Well, the stuff that did happen was worth it"
"WTF HAPPENED WHY DID EVERYONE STOP" or, hopefully "Geeze... I need a new game now!" (it ending when rsd ends) out of my own free will.
Though DA, you and everyone else who was doubting the teams of four was probably right, thats why in the update i added the minimum being two, not set four.

hx239, please cease your unnecessary doubts.

To all, scheduling and other preparations will be held in the two weeks following September 13th.

The ladder site will be coming quite soon. If anyone would like to be a webmaster instead of me making a site, please contact me!

Oh, i forgot in the previous post:
Official Mods: GP1, GP2

If anyone thinks a co op side should be added to this ladder as well, please DEFINATELY tell me and ill see if theres enough demand.