100%
Kinda bad
No votes

Total votes: 1

Smythe
Commando

Re: Battle in the Skies

Post by Smythe » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:34 am

Can someone test this? if you spawn in as a warthog (Yes you can do it) and add AI into the vehicle, if someone joins, will it sync?

kiddten
Commando

Post by kiddten » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:37 am

i would if you told me how to spawn in a warthog.
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:42 am

For the billionth time, it won't. This is something that has been known for years. I made Dueling Grounds sometime in 2007, and I knew then. But besides me, a number of other people had already tried much earlier than that and found the same results. AI do not sync. Period. You're wasting your time.
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
WilliamSub wrote:They flock with your hormones
MGM Sig

Sugarlumps
Ranger

Post by Sugarlumps » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:05 am

listen to kayar
Click!

Ranger
Location: Forerunner Cartography Installation 330, making new maps!

Post by 2310 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:38 am

I believe Zang's Halo Tips about the Halo netcode might explain somewhat why AIs can't sync (yet).

zªCh

Post by zªCh » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:24 pm

i have become a very advanced ai modder i have made ai that scare ME but you will NEVER get fully synchronized ai
(i say fully because if you make a biped with a contrail attached and had a fully functioning host version and a client version with the ai removed but still able to exist in the scnr)that would cause a pointlessly large mod that could in theory be synchronized

also never bother ai with friends because ai can't change tactics when they need to they don't "know" they respawn they dont see a missile and try to evade(unless huge designs are made meaning my elite assassin(that scares me) could definatly dodge it)

ai mods should be strictly for training but since the idea is something i have wanted to fiddle with (except in space) i will get around to the mod
-zªCh-
I remember thinking that halo would be the one thing that would never update past my mac.....then came HaloMD
now i have 3 versions of combat evolved on my mac...weird stuff.. now if only they made a ppc mac version of custom edition

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:22 pm

How to spawn AS a warthog.
Not in a warthog.

In Globals, change the Bipd to Vehi, then make it a warthog.

add AI to the seats and see if it syncs.

zªCh

Post by zªCh » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:51 pm

first off the ai will not exit you if they enter
second the ai still will not sync as they still spawn in a "normal" vehicle even though the vehi is you
and finally as i said before just use ai mods for training as ai are not reliable to fight with friends
-zªCh-
I remember thinking that halo would be the one thing that would never update past my mac.....then came HaloMD
now i have 3 versions of combat evolved on my mac...weird stuff.. now if only they made a ppc mac version of custom edition

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:03 pm

zªCh wrote:first off the ai will not exit you if they enter
second the ai still will not sync as they still spawn in a "normal" vehicle even though the vehi is you
and finally as i said before just use ai mods for training as ai are not reliable to fight with friends

You're missing what i'm saying.

You don't spawn In the warthog, you spawn AS the warthog. You are the vehicle tag.

zªCh

Post by zªCh » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:01 pm

]zªCh wrote:
first off the ai will not exit you if they enter
You're missing what i'm saying.

You don't spawn In the warthog, you spawn AS the warthog. You are the vehicle tag.
i said
even though the vehi is you
and that still doesn't change the ai not synchronizing
-zªCh-

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:23 pm

Which is why this is a TEST rather than an " I know this will work".

You don't want the AI to get out of you, just to have them in your gunner. And since the warthogs location, rotation and all that jazz are transmitted over the server, it might actually sync To some degree.

zªCh

Post by zªCh » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:53 pm

WRONG as they will most often see the ai shoot them and if you tip over you loose all synchronization plus people will quickly get bored
-zªCh-

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:24 pm

zªCh wrote:WRONG as they will most often see the ai shoot them and if you tip over you loose all synchronization plus people will quickly get bored
"people getting bored" is not an excuse for not testing something -_-

It would be possible to make the AI die if they fall out of the vehicle i'm sure, so as long as they're in the vehicle, they'll be moving along with you, therefore staying with a perfectly synced warthog.

The turrets rotation will be sent to the server as well, since it is required in regular play, the bullets should too, but i don't know that.

What is it with you and trying to prove me wrong without any proving going on?

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:03 am

There's a flag somewhere in the weapon tag or proj that says "projectile is clientside only". You have to make sure that is unticked for bullets to sync.
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

zªCh

Post by zªCh » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:58 am

client side only will work the best at tracking them and btw i joined an ai mod my brother was hosting recently and truuer orientation will not sync i ran up to it said i could hit e to enter,i then hit e...nothing happened i then looked at my brothers screen and there was a marine in the turret i wanted

one final thing you cant make them die when hitting the ground(unless you change the maximum falling distance to 0.01) but that effects you too
-zªCh-