HELP

Request new mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

seabeast
Green Beret

Re: HELP

Post by seabeast » Tue May 04, 2010 8:39 pm

Hay guise I need your copy of Halo Full cause I lost my CD also your CD key cause I lost mine. THX!

dufflepud

Post by dufflepud » Wed May 05, 2010 5:09 pm

Why does anyone care whether or not I download a torrent? In case you didn't know, halo 1 is OLD. The graphics suck, and the plot line was COMPLETELY stolen from starcraft, (but the hid that under all of this halo crap). The plot line is pretty good, but that doesn't change the fact that Blizzard could probably sue bungie for copyright infringement. Bungie is about to release halo reach, and I doubt a single staff member would give a shit if every single person in the world with a computer downloaded a torrent of halo 1 full! THIS MAY BE THE ONLY GAME YOU CAN PLAY ON YOUR MAC NOW, BUT I HOPE THAT YOU WILL ALL SWITCH TO BETTER GAMES ONCE VALVE RELEASES ALL OF ITS GAMES FOR MAC LIKE HALF LIFE 2, PORTAL 2, AND L4D2!

seabeast
Green Beret

Post by seabeast » Wed May 05, 2010 8:28 pm

They do care.

Sven
SEAL

Post by Sven » Wed May 05, 2010 10:55 pm

Stop criticizing halo on a forum that is dedicated to modding the game and making it a better experience for everybody. Those games are good. But many of the people here would rather play Halo. Unless you would like to get your ass kicked by everybody here I suggest you find a different forum to flame Halo on.
Also, while we're at it,
Welcome to MGM,
Hope you enjoy your stay :mrgreen:
blackkyurem123123 wrote:one of the Admins asks "whaths wrong" and he repiles " someone smasmed me chests".

Noodle
Delta Force

Post by Noodle » Thu May 06, 2010 5:33 am

dufflepud wrote:Why does anyone care whether or not I download a torrent? In case you didn't know, halo 1 is OLD. The graphics suck, and the plot line was COMPLETELY stolen from starcraft, (but the hid that under all of this halo crap). The plot line is pretty good, but that doesn't change the fact that Blizzard could probably sue bungie for copyright infringement. Bungie is about to release halo reach, and I doubt a single staff member would give a shit if every single person in the world with a computer downloaded a torrent of halo 1 full! THIS MAY BE THE ONLY GAME YOU CAN PLAY ON YOUR MAC NOW, BUT I HOPE THAT YOU WILL ALL SWITCH TO BETTER GAMES ONCE VALVE RELEASES ALL OF ITS GAMES FOR MAC LIKE HALF LIFE 2, PORTAL 2, AND L4D2!
Sorry kid, just because the covenant seem like protoss, the humans seem like terrans, and the flood seem like zerg doesn't mean bungie "stole" starcraft's story line.

Starcraft's story line is completely focused around Kerrigan getting infested, if you paid enough attention.

dufflepud

Post by dufflepud » Fri May 07, 2010 4:01 am

You seem to assume that just because I criticize a game, it means I don't love it. HALO IS GREAT, BUT ISNT PERFECT. I have every halo game ever released, and love all of them. Oh and by the way, in starcraft the dark templar are just like elites - tall, awesome looking double jointed legs, an energy blade and invisibility. In both games they forge an alliance with the humans, to fight against the zerg/ flood. In both games there is an ancient species Zel Naga/ Forerunners who create a last defense against the zerg/ flood, (the zel nagan temple thing/ the halo's) which when activated will destroy the zerg/ flood. The terran marines are exactly like spartans, the dark templar are exactly like elites, hell the gold elite zealot is even modeled after the protoss zealot, and the grave mind is exactly like the overmind. in halo 3 there is even a part in which cortana is being used by the grave mind, just like kerrigan in starcraft AND zeratul is the arbiter, disgraced by the rest of the protoss/ covenant, and MC is just like Jim raynor!

Noodle
Delta Force

Post by Noodle » Fri May 07, 2010 1:43 pm

Dude, no.

If you want to make your own conspiracy theory that the story of halo was taken from starcraft, go ahead. But if you find some extremely minor similarities between some characters, it doesn't mean that the WHOLE STORYLINE was taken from SC. Bungie has never given a shit about blizzard anyway.

dufflepud

Post by dufflepud » Fri May 07, 2010 9:13 pm

Again, I doubt bungie would care, and I'm NOT flaming halo, if I didn't love halo, I wouldn't be here asking for help, you are just overreacting, I was merely trying to point out that halo is not a source of income for bungie anymore and that they, like any company really mostly just care about making a living. If I didn't love halo, I wouldn't be playing halo 1, but the halo reach beta (which I have been playing a lot recently).

What do you mean bungie has never cared about blizzard? Activision - Blizzard and Bungie are working together now! And also, it's not just minor similarities between characters. Obviously you haven't ever played starcraft , another great mac game, or else you didn't pay any attention to the plot when you did.

Okay away from all of the flaming halo crap, could anyone help me with my REAL problem, or are you unable to get over the fact that I pointed out some minor flaws in halo. If I see one more negative comment regarding anything that has to to with flaming halo, blizzard, or "fucklepud" then I am going to a different site where people actually help others instead of being stuck up assholes who pretend to read the minds of the bungie staff. Oh and by the way, "dufflepud" is from C. S. Lewis's Narnia books, please don't get me fucking started on C. S. louis. He isn't perfect, but you don't make fun of classics like that (halo does not yet count as a "Classic " in my opinion [ and besides, i'm not making fun of it] because it was only released in 2001.

Sugarlumps
Ranger

Post by Sugarlumps » Fri May 07, 2010 11:11 pm

Sugarlumps wrote:Internalize with Halo Full.
The problem was resolved, if you were paying any attention. We do not help you obtain Halo Full, that is your own job.
Click!

dufflepud

Post by dufflepud » Sat May 08, 2010 6:57 am

How is internalizing the bitmaps/sound from halo full allow me to use a modded energy sword? Thats what I don't get.

Noodle
Delta Force

Post by Noodle » Sat May 08, 2010 7:07 am

Because otherwise you get a translucent green piece of static sounding shit in your right arm.

Btw, if you also looked close enough, you are completely the one overreacting here. >_>

dufflepud

Post by dufflepud » Sat May 08, 2010 12:33 pm

How so? People were saying very insulting things just because I pointed out a few flaws. Also, seeing as I am unable to get halo for less than around 80$, would anyone be willing to take 5 minuets and do this for me? I would be eternally grateful. The mod that has the best sword is here: http://www.halodemomods.com/wiki/File:A ... Swords.zip

Noodle
Delta Force

Post by Noodle » Sat May 08, 2010 3:09 pm

How so?
dufflepud wrote:ASDFSDFASDFS THIS MAY BE THE ONLY GAME YOU CAN PLAY ON YOUR MAC NOW, BUT I HOPE THAT YOU WILL ALL SWITCH TO BETTER GAMES ONCE VALVE RELEASES ALL OF ITS GAMES FOR MAC LIKE HALF LIFE 2, PORTAL 2, AND L4D2!
:roll:

dufflepud

Post by dufflepud » Sat May 08, 2010 5:24 pm

Ok, fine. Maybe I was overreacting, but that doesn't help me at all. I can't do this. If you can, I would be quite grateful, if not, then don't post. I would like to play this, and if you can't help me with that, then tell me and i'll go to a different site.

Noodle
Delta Force

Post by Noodle » Sat May 08, 2010 5:42 pm

You need halo full to get an energy sword. Deal with it, derp.