Halo Patch for Mavericks + New Lobby

Everything about Halo and its mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Re: Halo Patch for Mavericks + New Lobby

Post by nil » Sun May 18, 2014 6:53 am

Yeah it looks like the new master server may have an issue from time to time until things get all sorted out. The old lobby will work until end of May, but since a new update was submitted on the PC side the player base may quickly diminish on the old version.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Post by Guest » Tue May 20, 2014 10:00 am

THANK YOU !!! THANK YOU !!! THANK YOU !!! THANK YOU !!! THANK YOU !!!

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Tue May 20, 2014 7:05 pm

Updated to fix bug where the new lobby patch may not run on OS's older than 10.9.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Teamw«rk

Post by Teamw«rk » Wed May 21, 2014 5:11 am

I tried 101 patch and halo wouldnt run, gamespy patch ran but not many servers
but now halo wont launch at all even after deleting the patch files
looks like i have to re install and update to 2/04 and start again…

im running osx 10.7.5 on an oldish intel

Jpwheeling2000

Post by Jpwheeling2000 » Wed May 21, 2014 9:07 am

Ran you Patch and is running good, but noticed that the Servers are Disappearing, what's going on the servers are leaving, is there a Patch to get back the Servers

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Thu May 22, 2014 3:10 pm

I posted a version of the patch without the Mavericks adjustments in the first post of this topic, so it is just an executable file you have to drop in. This should help anyone that is unable to run the mavericks patch for whatever reason.

How many servers are you guys seeing? Without any filters on I'm getting around 100, which seems to be normal. This is showing both 1.10 and 1.09 servers. The actual PC patch only shows 1.10 servers, so you guys are seeing more games than some people that are up to date on PC are.

In other news, I tried looking into PPC but gave up due to lack of tools to help me filter for 1.10 games.

team halo

Post by team halo » Sat May 24, 2014 2:32 pm

nil, you did it buddy! running 10.7.5 the no maverick lobby patch is up and running
good job!

MadMaxx

Post by MadMaxx » Tue May 27, 2014 3:32 am

Looks like I won't be playing CE anymore due to the lack of PPC support, if anyone does come up with lobby update support for PPC let me know.. .````:)

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Tue May 27, 2014 4:23 am

MadMaxx wrote:Looks like I won't be playing CE anymore due to the lack of PPC support, if anyone does come up with lobby update support for PPC let me know.. .````:)
As a workaround for now, you can visit http://xhalo.tk/serverlist/ , find a game, take the IP address, and connect to it via Direct IP under Multiplayer in-game. Just because you can't use the in game browser doesn't mean the game is unplayable.

MadMaxx

Post by MadMaxx » Wed May 28, 2014 6:44 pm

Thanks Nil I feel much better ----)

Hello

Post by Hello » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:47 pm

This worked beautifully for me! Thanks!

New Guest

Halo Mac checkpoint saves don't work

Post by New Guest » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:07 pm

I have just started playing Halo Mac again, and I have noticed that the checkpoint saves aren't working. I end up back at the beginning of a level after I load a save from a midpoint in a level. Do you know a fix for this? I am running Halo 2.0.4, with your provided Mavericks patch and lobby patch.

mercilessrobot

Post by mercilessrobot » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:37 pm

I tried installing this on my MacBook pro running Mavericks and it crashes every time. In the instructions you mention that there should be three files after the fixes are copied in, but the executable replaces the old halo executable so there are only two. What am I doing wrong? Any help is appreciated.

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:39 pm

I have just started playing Halo Mac again, and I have noticed that the checkpoint saves aren't working. I end up back at the beginning of a level after I load a save from a midpoint in a level. Do you know a fix for this? I am running Halo 2.0.4, with your provided Mavericks patch and lobby patch.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Re: Halo Mac checkpoint saves don't work

Post by nil » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:15 pm

New Guest wrote:I have just started playing Halo Mac again, and I have noticed that the checkpoint saves aren't working. I end up back at the beginning of a level after I load a save from a midpoint in a level. Do you know a fix for this? I am running Halo 2.0.4, with your provided Mavericks patch and lobby patch.
Not sure why this is happening.
mercilessrobot wrote:I tried installing this on my MacBook pro running Mavericks and it crashes every time. In the instructions you mention that there should be three files after the fixes are copied in, but the executable replaces the old halo executable so there are only two. What am I doing wrong? Any help is appreciated.
The third file is mavericks_patch that needs to be in there.