What version of Halo do people have?

Everything about Halo and its mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

What version(s) of Halo do you have? (Must also have the console, too)

Halo Demo [not Mini Demo] (Windows/Mac)
14%
Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo Mini Demo, or Halo: Custom Edition (Windows/Mac)
30%
Halo: Combat Evolved (Xbox - disc or purchased from XBL marketplace)
7%
Halo 2 (Windows)
8%
Halo 2 (Xbox)
9%
Halo 3 or Halo 3: ODST (Xbox 360)
10%
Halo Reach (Xbox 360)
9%
Halo CE Anniversary (Xbox 360)
4%
Halo 4 (Xbox 360)
7%
Halo Wars (Xbox 360)
3%

Total votes: 92

Ranger

What version of Halo do people have?

Post by 002 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:35 pm

This is kind of a general question, and it's probably been asked too many times and might not even belong in this forum. The reason for posting this is because, mainly, I've been wondering what people have and I thought there should be a poll, or something. There are a couple of identical games that are separated by console/computer in the list, because they are completely different games, with much different multiplayer populations. Also, Halo: Custom Edition is in Halo Combat Evolved because you need a Halo: Combat Evolved key to install Halo: Custom Edition. Halo Mini Demo is also there because it's a modification of Halo: Combat Evolved, and you could join GameSpy multiplayer games if you wanted to (as long as you had the retail maps).

Games I have:
  • Halo Mini Demo I haven't unlocked all of the maps, yet. I'm still working on unlocking Gephyrophobia.
  • Halo: Combat Evolved on Mac, PC, and Xbox I almost got my kneecaps bitten off. Meanwhile, Sergeant Johnson died in almost every level and sometimes there would be two of him.
  • Halo 2 on the Xbox I got it for the campaign. Sergeant Johnson still died every time he made an appearance.
  • Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST Haven't played in years. Firefight was fun. Sergeant Johnson was introduced to Elimination and ran out of lives.
  • Halo Reach Was good. Sergeant Johnson died a lot in Firefight.
  • Halo CE Anniversary Got it for co-op. They said the multiplayer (non co-op) would be like ODST, but it's just two matchmaking playlists on Halo Reach.
  • Halo 4 There were speaker-shaped aliens everywhere. The game was okay, but it wasn't glorious like the Halo 1, 2, or 3 games.
Last edited by 002 on Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:10 am, edited 5 times in total.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Re: What version of Halo do people have?

Post by TaxiService » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:41 am

I've got them all. :| All but H2 for windows.
In order of when i got them:

Halo Demo
Got it thanks to the advice of a Worms 3D player i met on GameRanger, back in 2007. Used to host mods until I said "fuck it" and wanted to make mods myself, and here I am.

Halo: Combat Evolved
Got it for like 60€ (too fucking much) at an apple store. I think around 2008.

Halo 3
A friend of mine got it and we started playing campaign together at his place, and after a while i got an xbox and a copy of it myself. It must've been 2009/2010. I believe i failed a school year thanks to this game too, since i would play it so much. I don't remember how much I paid for it.
It's probably the Halo game I think looked best. Multiplayer was so much fun..! I kinda miss it.

Halo 3 ODST
A title that is kinda looked down upon by most..? But I have loved this game a lot. The story was pretty cool, the gameplay was pretty awesome. I'd play its campaign again if i had the time. I preordered it from Amazon, and it included another disc with all Halo 3 multiplayer maps. That was pretty sick too.

Halo Wars
I think i preordered this one too? The little units were so frigging cute! I remember playing with Fuel and Mota on it, but i suck at this kind of game, i guess? While i'd still farm resources at round starts they'd rush me with their ghosts and infantry. : \ I still don't know how the fuck did they spawn these guys so fast.

Halo 2
Got an used disc off either amazon or ebay for like five euros. It was hella scratched but worked fine!
Playing it made me feel sad that I didn't play it when everyone else did. The multiplayer maps were fucking awesome. Probably the best MP maps of all halos IMO (even if I just played them by myself, since the mp servers had been shut down when i had the game)
The campaign was friggin' awesome too. I guess this would probably be the best title of them all, in my opinion? I might consider getting Halo 2 for windows.

Halo: Reach
The last real halo game. The campaign was awesome too. Too bad that the dialogues were in italian, and translated like SHIT. Halo 3 was translated in italian too and was shit as well under that aspect. But nonetheless, the campaign was fucking moving. If i had not my tear ducts removed i would've shed tears over all the spartans dying like that. And the end... g-geez.

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
This was kinda unexpected. I've got a friend that works at Rome's microsoft headquarters, he obtained a free copy (i think before the official release too?) and one day he came here and gave it to me and i was like holy shit what omg i love you dude.
It was an interesting restyling i guess. I just don't really like how the look of the game elements changes so significantly in every version of the game. : \

Halo 4
That same friend got a copy for me at like one third of the retail price, so i was like yay and got it.
Just played the campaign in coop on legendary with a friend since i don't have an XBL gold account anymore, and i'm kinda reluctant in giving M$ any more of my money for this. : \ Someday when i'll have time i'll get one of these shitty accounts again and try playing multiplayer, but bleh.
So yeah, TBH I don't even remember much about it right now. : \ I should play it again by myself and watch the cutscenes better, but idk. I guess nothing in this game struck me as awesome or anything like that. Also why is master chief robosexual now?

TL;DR: Wasted a lot of time on these games. H2 was the overall best, H3 was the most fun, H:R had the most emotional campaign. I suck at HW. ODST was pretty too. H4 and H:CEA were meh.

PS: I tried to keep Johnson alive as much as i could but, yeah, he died a lot anyway. He always seems to come back though? Is he the nigger jesus? I bet two shillings that he'll make a cameo in Halo 5 or 6.

PPS: "nigger" is a term i only use ironically when doing stupid jokes :​( racism makes no sense.
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Dead Site
Veteran

Post by Dead Site » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:41 am

Halo Demo + Halo Trial + Halo MD

Got it off of Apple's download page when I was in elementary or something

Halo: Combat Evolved (PC)

Have two copies. 8/10

Halo: Combat Evolved (Universal Binary)

pirated lel 8.5/10

Halo 2 PC

Have two copies. Didn't play neough multiplayer before the non-LAN shut down. Dumb "Games for WIndows Live." The campaign is fun and dual-wielding is cool, though.

edit:

Halo Custom Edition

downloaded

didn't launch for 3 years

deleted
Last edited by Dead Site on Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=steam://friends/add/76561198023999718]Image[/url]

WaeV
Peon

Post by WaeV » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:58 am

Halo: Combat Evolved
Since late '03 and the early days of HaloMods. Tried and true.

Halo: Custom Edition
I've downloaded and used it somewhat, but never got into the HEK very much.

Halo 2 (xbox)
Came with the used original xbox I bought just a year ago.