Halo FTW v2

Everything about Halo and its mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Dirk

Re: Halo FTW v2

Post by Dirk » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:30 am

Amy wrote:Awesome!

My favorite are Damnation and Timberland <3
Are you serious? Damnation looks like crap on the version you had. I should make a damnation video just so you all see the difference.

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:19 am

i mean the video..
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

Dirk

Post by Dirk » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:41 am

stock mac shaders vs upgraded mac shaders is what I am talking about.

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:50 am

Ohhh, sorry.

Can you show us how it looks with your awesome shaders?
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

Dirk Gently
Commando

Post by Dirk Gently » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:03 am

I am exporting a video, then doing a quick edit to upload. The shaders I have are not to make it look better, it is to make it look how it should. That is why the name of my project is "Halo: How it was meant to look". I am fixing problems with the stock shaders because nobody tweaked them.

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:16 am

I see.
MGM Sig

Dirk Gently
Commando

Post by Dirk Gently » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:03 pm

Alright everyone, to show you why you are going to want to play this on Halo UB instead of 1.5.2 or demo is because the stock shaders are not very good at bringing out detail in maps. To make an example of this I have made a video of Halo using stock and modified shaders to show you exactly how much different the look of the game is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNAZ1fA50TA&fmt=18

Please watch it in HQ, sorry I messed up the HD stuff so you cannot watch it in HD. You will notice the difference after I put on the active camo. While it looks like I am still in the same game, I actually quit and swapped the shaders because you need to relaunch halo if you want to switch between shader sets. There is a little jump and you should instantly see the difference in the map.

PS: No I am not hi-jacking the thread, i have gone over this with pepsi and explained that I will be doing this because otherwise it is just silly to play it on mac based on the way it looks. These have been tested on the following cards:
9400M
9600M GT
8800 GS
and whatever ATI card modzy has.

PPS: No I am not taking any more testers, no I do not need help, no you cannot have it until it is publicly released, if you have feedback for my work leave it in my thread NOT in this thread. This thread is for discussion on FTWv2 only and I would like it to stay that way. I just wanted to show a demonstration on what the final version for the mac would look like incase some people have already tried the betas to find they don't look to pretty.

Slapzy
Ranger

Post by Slapzy » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:29 am

Itch. Waits urgently some more.
~ Teh Slapz
TaxiService wrote:OMG BARREL ROLL ON ACIDS
._. \·. |: /.· .-. ·.\ :| .·/ ._. \·. |: /.· .-. ·.\ :| .·/ ._.
WHOOHHAGHGHHGEHGR

Malolo

Post by Malolo » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:47 am

does anyone know how i can get ahold of pepsi, i used to know him in my modding days.
I want to offer him a future job texturing some games. This is very important anything would help. I will check this again tomorrow