3rd Person

Moderator: Altimit01

Trinity.
SEAL

Post by Trinity. » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:58 pm

What do you mean by speed hack Beast?

I've already done something where I run faster, lol.
MGM Team Wraith
Xbox Live Gamertag: HybuR
Professional Halo Player

Yummy
Ranger

Post by Yummy » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:12 pm

Well if you can change the amount of kills you have in a public server while non-host, then why not this? That's awesome Beast...whenever I am on...please IM me (before 11 EST). And, show me how you did it :D :D

«Beast»
Ranger

Post by «Beast» » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:47 pm

Come on guys, let's get this Mac 3rd Person thing on the road. Everyone research it, and experiment with The Cheat and post your results here.

I tried the method that the guy on Halo Mods used, but it didn't really work. I mean, I saw the camera starting to get all fidgety and attempting to stay in 3rd person, but eventually it would just go back to first. There needs to be a more fail-proof way.

«Beast»
Ranger

Post by «Beast» » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:15 pm

Hehehe. Finally got it working. Now to smooth out some things and get a programmer to turn it into an application. You can use The Cheat to achieve this effect for now: Open up Halo and start a server. Double click this file to open it in The Cheat. Click "Apply Cheat" and get into a Warthog side seat. Exit the side seat and the camera should stick to 3rd person. If it does not, enter and exit the seat until it does. For best results, after in 3rd person mode, turn off the cheat by clicking "Stop Cheat." This will eliminate any glitchy effects of the camera. Note: if you restart game, die, or enter a vehicle, the camera will revert to 1st person again.

Credit to Main for originally figuring this method out. You roxx0rz, dude. 8)

Cheat file: CLICKY!!!!

Link to The Cheat: viewtopic.php?p=26772#26772

That post is for people on PPC Macs and the post following it is for people on Intel Macs.

EDIT: More screenshots, this time with one of my play as an elite mods. Sadly, Deox's Energy Swords mod looks like crap with this. The elites are in a laying down banshee position and don't animate... My mod is teh leet. :D I should release it soon, actually, just gotta make all vehicles accessible. I have already done the weapons. All gametypes supported. Fully. :D

Last edited by «Beast» on Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.

>Shadow<
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by >Shadow< » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:21 pm

Awesoooommee...! Thanks Beast!

Syperium
Ranger

Post by Syperium » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:28 am

Dude, you're a fucking god. No doubt. I want to know how you made the memory edit though. That's even better than this.

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:51 pm

He made it using The Cheat. Tsk Tsk for not reading the whole topic before replying. :lol:
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Yummy
Ranger

Post by Yummy » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:23 pm

«Beast» wrote:
the post following it is for people on Intel Macs.
What following post? I guess I am gonna be patient? :P

«Beast»
Ranger

Post by «Beast» » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:45 pm

¥ú[Mm]¥ wrote:
«Beast» wrote:
the post following it is for people on Intel Macs.
What following post? I guess I am gonna be patient? :P
Silly silly, this post!

viewtopic.php?p=26783#26783

Yummy
Ranger

Post by Yummy » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:17 pm

KK, Im a noob. Lol..

So yeah, I tried it: I hosted, clicked apply, went in side seat....got out, and yeah. Not working. BUUUT< it said in the cheat window "No variables changed." GAYED?

«Beast»
Ranger

Post by «Beast» » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:30 am

Make sure The Cheat is editing Halo Demo and not some other application. Top right part of the window. Drop down menu. Select Halo Demo.

kaboose
Operative

Post by kaboose » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:00 pm

When I do it it crashes Halo. *cough*

«Beast»
Ranger

Post by «Beast» » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:14 pm

Interesting... What map are you using? Try redownloading the file, because I changed it at one point, since the file was crashing Halo with some maps. It shouldn't do that anymore though...

sword
Ranger

Post by sword » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:46 pm

Third person is not map-specific. Maps are loaded and stored in a buffered zone of memory, thus its harder to make changes in the map impact the actual running of Halo.

The player table is editable as well, as Beast found out and as I showed him with a few lil things (hehe).

I believe that a proper application to make this all work is in order, so I'll get to work! It'll either use the Mono framework, or it'll be based on the source of The Cheat. First, though, I'll need to get the values. If only someone knows a good debugger for mac...
The sword.

«Beast»
Ranger

Post by «Beast» » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:25 pm

Well, the reason I asked what map was because in the previous version, there were some variables that were not camera specific, so they were crashing some rebuilt maps like Deep Space Arena. That's all fixed now. :)

As far as debuggers go, they either won't allow debugging Halo because it's not seen as an executable, or I can't figure out how the hell to use them. I need to talk to bitterbanana, see if he can help us out with that.