Some Inspiration

Moderator: Altimit01

{SBF}Leader
Veteran

Some Inspiration

Post by {SBF}Leader » Thu May 18, 2006 5:04 pm

Why can't the better modders tell us how to do certain things, I mean the entire human race evolved to be this advanced is because we shared information with each other and created new ways to thrive. All I am saying is, can the more experienced modders actaully explain to the modders who know less how to lets say.... place logs in a certain place through hexedit. Or creating a new model from the assault rifle. We all want to know how this is done, but other people don't want us to know this stuff. All we want to do is know enough things in life in order to truly live it.

My two cents on secretive modding.....

SBF Leader
http://www.clanhalo.forumup.com
not my site.... just go there!!!!!!!

sword
Ranger

Post by sword » Thu May 18, 2006 5:10 pm

Another thing about the human race, if they know there is something they don't know but others do, they'll work harder on figuring out how its done than if they were just told how it is done.

My two cents on secretive modding.
The sword.

{SBF}Leader
Veteran

Post by {SBF}Leader » Thu May 18, 2006 5:35 pm

But what IS life without the information you may want to be happy? Although happiness is striving to achieve your goal, others may assist in that process thus making you truly happy.

A nickel and a dime on sercretive modding...

SBF Leader

«Beast»
Ranger

Post by «Beast» » Thu May 18, 2006 6:21 pm

There will always be seperate classes in everything. Those with higher powers rarely assist those with lesser ones. What can you do? Deal with it, adapt, conquer your problems yourself, and Google yourself some tutorials. ^_^

My um... waffle... on... um... stuff...

foxrun
Veteran

Post by foxrun » Thu May 18, 2006 6:45 pm

if have agree with you sbf, but read my sig.
I sword just told us how its done, we wouldnt learn anything, we would just have that mod. If we figured it out oursleves through logical experimenting, comparing, researching, we would understand more than if we were just told to go to 00abcdef and swap with 00123456. The only part that sucks is that it takes ALOT longer and is harder.

sword
Ranger

Post by sword » Thu May 18, 2006 7:15 pm

You really do learn a lot more by experimenting and working with the code than just being told what to do.

Also, its funny to watch as people struggle who don't really know how to mod, don't want to put effort into it, then give up. It gets even funnier when they start to bitch and whine about how people like Deox and I don't give out mods . :PPPPPPPP
The sword.

{SBF}Leader
Veteran

Post by {SBF}Leader » Thu May 18, 2006 7:24 pm

Well actually noobs bitch about wanting a mod. I want to figure it out myself but I want help on the harder things. Not simple swapping, but actually remaking stuff.

A quarter and mushroom on secretive modding

SBF Leader

sword
Ranger

Post by sword » Thu May 18, 2006 7:26 pm

You mean writing values, not just swapping? Thats simple enough. Get out a calculator and start changing...
The sword.

«Beast»
Ranger

Post by «Beast» » Thu May 18, 2006 7:33 pm

:lol:

{SBF}Leader
Veteran

Post by {SBF}Leader » Fri May 19, 2006 9:15 am

But then how will we find out what is what? Every second we waste in fulfilling our goal is a second closer to an unsatisfied death..

Deox
Operative

Post by Deox » Fri May 19, 2006 6:47 pm

That's up to you to figgure out ;)

All the "good" modders have earned their way to the top, by figguring out stuff on their own.

I refuse to give information to someone who is not smart enough to figgure out how to do it.

If we see potential in someone, we will make their life easier by sharing knowledge and information. I hope I'm not too harsh at saying this, but as of right now, I don't see that potential in you.

And yeah, it is kind of like finding a needle in a haystack. Just change values until something happens. Then, record what happened, and write down the offset, plus any other additional information which you believe would be helpful to you.

And, to those of you out there who think I'm on vacation right now, I am.

My initial plan was to pack a map full of devices, scenery, and vehicles from other levels...that didn't go so well, however. I did a sloppy job and corrupted the map file, and therefore did not bring my laptop...so, I guess no modding for me for 3 weeks. I won't have access to internet after this week, but I'll keep using my grandparents' computers until I go to NC, where internet does not exist.

:P

D.T.

Post by D.T. » Fri May 19, 2006 6:52 pm

Hey...

I live in NC.....

Thats insulting, not to mention......ummm.....insulting.

Huh!?! WantaPieceAME!!!!! Mr. Super-too-good-for-NC-Man!?

ok. im done.

Welcome to NC.

The Weather is Wonderful Here. :D

D.T.

«Beast»
Ranger

Post by «Beast» » Fri May 19, 2006 8:04 pm

I like all those states in that area during the winter. I love cold weather. It's my life-blood. That and Mountain Dew. Speaking of Dew, I have some in the fridge. *darts off*

>Shadow<
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by >Shadow< » Fri May 19, 2006 9:32 pm

Dew in the fridge? :lol: Oh mountain dew. Nevermind. I thought you meant like, mildew. :lol:

But 3 weeks off of modding Deox? Must sound like hell to you. :(

Titan
Veteran

Post by Titan » Sat May 20, 2006 10:21 am

My thoughts on helping people mod: You need to be a certain caliber before you should be radically helped. You need to figure some stuff out for yourself but once you get to a certain point you should be helped by some people who see what you can accomplish, like Deox said. Also at the beginning you shouldn't get help. Thats what sorts the lazy modders out from the dedicated ones. If you are constantly begging for help and/or a mod than it shows how lazy you are. I think I speak for most people here that we don't want lazy modders modding the halo demo.

Thats my thoughts