covenant ship

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

covenant ship

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:58 pm

i saw a pelican on a server!! and i was wondering if thats possible, can u put a wraith, or a coevenant ship on to the map:?

{SBF}Leader
Veteran

Post by {SBF}Leader » Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:38 pm

on full or the demo?
and even if you could put a wraith on the map, it would not be pilotable. i ve tried so.... yeah. it is just there. background art. but it is fun to blow up
http://www.clanhalo.forumup.com
not my site.... just go there!!!!!!!

Deox
Operative

Re: covenant ship

Post by Deox » Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:55 pm

Anonymous wrote:i saw a pelican on a server!! and i was wondering if thats possible, can u put a wraith, or a coevenant ship on to the map:?
Everything you have listed above is possible. Vehicles can be swapped between maps, new vehicles and weapons can be created, and undrivable vehicles (such as the wraith, covenant dropship, and pelican) can be made drivable. It all just depends on the amount of time you wish to spend trying to figgure out how the heck to do it :P

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:13 am

can some one give me code for ghosts???
:) :)

mkrongaus

Post by mkrongaus » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:42 pm

if you want the pelican, find the code from the silent cartographer

«Beast»
Ranger

Post by «Beast» » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:02 am

Finding the code is not the hard part. Finding a way to put the 3D model of the Pelican and the code that would be needed for it to fly and all that into Bloodgulch is the problem. Am I right?

Deox
Operative

Post by Deox » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:27 am

Beast wrote:Finding the code is not the hard part. Finding a way to put the 3D model of the Pelican and the code that would be needed for it to fly and all that into Bloodgulch is the problem. Am I right?
Yes. The model is not the only thing which needs to be imported. You'd need the texture for the model, the collision model, the vehicle meta (which does things like define seating positions and whatnot), and everything else. It'd be insane to try and do this all by hand.

>Shadow<
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by >Shadow< » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:48 pm

Its funny cause sword said Pelican MOD is impossible.

Deox
Operative

Post by Deox » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:41 pm

>Shadow< wrote:Its funny cause sword said Pelican MOD is impossible.
No, it is not impossible. Very few things are impossible in Halo. It is, however, very, very hard, and takes a level of understanding which, to my knowledge, only the programmers at Bungie have (But they're cheating, since they made the map files...).

>Shadow<
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by >Shadow< » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:03 pm

In the current time considering mods, it would be nice for one (or many hint hint) supremely talented modder(s) to take up this enterprise. (making a Pelican MOD) Also it would be nice for them to make it public so that everyone can enjoy it. That's just the problem, people keep the non cheap (as in not stupidly unfair like AR shots->rockets , flying veicles that shouldnt fly etc.) all to themselves and not let the general public actually see the MOD with no lag, whenever they want to. This is especially upsetting to those with no possible Modding skills. It sure gives you the "I will leave you in the dark" sort of feeling. Of course, anyone could step up and file there side of the story to but still, some people really like these MODs and are very grateful to the modder that supplied them. However this is nonexistant at the present moment. To all talented modders who have great non cheap MODs that won't kill the fun of the game, but make it even better (and not plague the Multiplayer) please consider what I have said here. ::Steps down from podium::

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:43 am

Sheesh. Do you like the sheer number of tank mod games out there? It is one of the most annoying things ever because a lot of people love it soo much. That mod has changed the face of the game.

A proposed Ghost mod would do the same. In fact, I think a ghost mod would destroy the game so much more than the tank mod did simply because ghosts are harder to kill.

And yes the pelican is possible. And no you could not have possibly seen it in a server. you probably saw a server called "pelican in halo!" or something like that made by someone trying to attract people. The problem with the pelican is that you have to import all the information about it from SC, then work with that info to make it appear. Due to the changed size of the map file, there are adverse side effects. Namely, Halo will crash on anyone not using the mod if they try to enter the game. I've had my game crash due to stupid mods like that being run unmarked in the multiplayer list.

and don't even get me started if you want a flyable pelican...

Deox
Operative

Post by Deox » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:57 am

Anonymous wrote:Sheesh. Do you like the sheer number of tank mod games out there? It is one of the most annoying things ever because a lot of people love it soo much. That mod has changed the face of the game.

A proposed Ghost mod would do the same. In fact, I think a ghost mod would destroy the game so much more than the tank mod did simply because ghosts are harder to kill.
The greatest mods released to the public are the ones which ruin the games. If great mods are kept between modders, they are able to have fun playing with intelligent people (each other), and never ever face the problem of being the one who ruined Halo Demo Multiplayer.

Crezth

Post by Crezth » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:24 pm

Whether or not it is hard or easy is irrelevant. One could go on and on about the infinite variables necessary to make it possible, but in the end would say "It is doable."

Because by that logic it would be doable; and it most certainly is.

So what I propose is that someone, preferably on this forum, gather up the courage and lay upon themselves the burden of writing up a Pelican Mod. A working one with a flying Pelican. Since it is, you know, possible, then why not?

Disabler
Peon

Post by Disabler » Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:29 pm

Well, if you figured out how to work the stuff at the top of the files, you could change it to make it work for HKK (easy), add pelican (medium), and convert it back (hard?).

Oh yeah, I saw (not joined, it was passworded) that pelican server, too. Nobody knows (well, I guess a few) if it was real or not.

Crap, there's like 3 of these topics now.
i am a fag
i like to smoke myself
i hate this forum because i left it one and a half years ago and i cant remember why

Deox
Operative

Post by Deox » Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:15 pm

Disabler wrote:Well, if you figured out how to work the stuff at the top of the files, you could change it to make it work for HKK (easy), add pelican (medium), and convert it back (hard?).
It's more than the top part. Look at the rest of the file. Well, first of all, Halo Demo files are just a bit longer than Halo full files. This probably messes things up, since that means that things exist in the Demo which aren't there in the full...which means there could be hundreds of thousands of values throughout the file which need to be changed.

I really wish it was that easy...