Halo Demo ban

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Look7

Halo Demo ban

Post by Look7 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:00 pm

Just thought that here would be a good place to share my knowledge http://www.dragndrop.com.br/haloban.html

Sorry for the typos and the lack of a "visual".

By the way, i am looking for someone skilled with C++ to do an Application of it. My knowledge on C++ is just the basic. I even looked for some Open Source projects similar to what i need to do here, but i couldn't find, so, if someone know how to do, please talk to me.

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:51 pm

The easier ban would just be to ban the player's GR ID number. That would force the player to get a new GR ID if they wanted to join your game.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Look7

Post by Look7 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:14 pm

Monoman wrote:The easier ban would just be to ban the player's GR ID number. That would force the player to get a new GR ID if they wanted to join your game.
By GR you mean GameRanger? If so, i am not talking about GameRanger, because there just have about 20 Halo demo players, this solution is for the multiplayer games out of the GameRanger, where you can always find a lot of players, and you cant ban their GR ID becuae you dont use the GR to join there.

Dark Angelus
Peon

Post by Dark Angelus » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:20 pm

The tcpdump command will continue to spew out information until you send a break.
A simple netstat command should suffice.
Or you could use "netstat -n" to find the numerical IP addresses outright, bypassing the need for Network Utility.

There is still the problem of finding out which IP belongs to which person.

Typically, if you want someone banned, just get them to teamkill you three or four times and they'll get autobanned.

Edit: A simple Applescript script could handle this process. There'd be no need for C.
You could get it to list all the IP addresses that join on port 2302(Halo) in another file, as well as append numbers to them, designating when they joined.
There's probably a better way to set up this script, but I'm just setting up the basic idea behind it.

Look7

Post by Look7 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:51 pm

Dark Angelus wrote:The tcpdump command will continue to spew out information until you send a break.
Yup, "to stop the command press Control + Z".
A simple netstat command should suffice.
Or you could use "netstat -n" to find the numerical IP addresses outright, bypassing the need for Network Utility.
Yeah, other guy said it to me, but i think its more easy for the people to use a LookUp. But i will add it later, thanks.
There is still the problem of finding out which IP belongs to which person.
I have a guess that it displays the IP in the order of who joinned first. It doesnt help much, but if you are hosting for 4 or 6 it works.
Typically, if you want someone banned, just get them to teamkill you three or four times and they'll get autobanned.
I usually do it, but He-Man was a "smart guy" that annoyed me, i tried to force him to get banned, but he would exit the server and join again after two betrays.

Selix
Veteran

Post by Selix » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:34 pm

I'm taking a C++ class now and I can look ahead into any of the help files.

If you give me a few months to finish up schooling, I can do what I can to help out.

(All I can do is work in a text editor unless someone is willing to donate money towards a PC or give me parts for one.)