Why Halo MD sucks now

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Nash

Why Halo MD sucks now

Post by Nash » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:59 am

I've tired to enjoy many of the new maps and games, but it just doesn't work. Halo sucks now. All the games are just dominated by the best snipers so that every time you re spawn you're killed. Bigass in particular were there shields have been removed. Gone are the great team play games where there was at least a chance that the playing fields were level. That's not the case any more.

I ran into Atomical a few days ago, and he's lost interest in the game as well. Not sure if its for the same reason, but the Halomd of old is gone. What exist now is a piece of shit that's not even close to the fun it used to be.

Fuck it.

- Nash

HandofGod
Peon

Re: Why Halo MD sucks now

Post by HandofGod » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:05 pm

lol first of all, I agree the quality of multiplayer has gone down hugely. But it was fun while it lasted right? Who knew MD would have been so fun for so long, I definitely didn't back when I first came back to Halo Mac in 2013. There are quite a few issues I've noticed: Bigass no shields isn't fun for me and a few others. I've also really gotten tired of that mod too so that might be part of the problem. Secondly, people don't want to play mods anymore and seem to think that Bigass and Bloodgulch are the only maps to play on MD. I don't know why that's happened but its kinda been gradual unfortunately. I've basically also moved onto other games now but I'm still trying to finish my last couple mods for MD before it shuts down for good basically next year :(

So Nash, I guess just try to enjoy it while it's still around dude. And if you have PS4 or Xbone let me know and I can add you on there.

Nash

Post by Nash » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:02 am

Thanks HandofGod,

You were always a brutal guy to play against and fear, but I'd rather have a fair and honest fight against a great player than get shot down by whoever gets the first shot off. I'm one of the few guys on the planet who doesn't have any game consoles - I'm too busy making motovlogging videos on Youtube animating and teaching. Halo was just a fun outlet. If you want I can let my students know and hopefully they can try out your mods.

- Nash

Sapphire

Post by Sapphire » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:13 pm

atomical never gave a fuck lmao, if he did he would actually talk/listen to the community back when he had one. a meme and Gresticle tried to fix his shit but there was only so much they could do. His Discord is hella dead and all he does is ramble there. The guys over at CORTANA(props to Wey, Beta, and meme) takes the time to actually discuss issues with their Discord server and come up with improvements to the game.

Sucks that you don't like Bigass no shields but honestly after atomical first pulled that shit everyone just got used to it and swapping back just felt bad. Every time the Bigass servers swapped there were always people complaining one way or another, even when there were separate servers up for shields and no shields. Some people are just stubborn and inflexible I guess. Also don't get why you think team play is dead, still see a good amount of people trying to coordinate in game. Individual players just have more agency now. Still get to have great shootouts against various good players from time to time, no idea why you think "shoot first=win." Sounds like you need to sit down and actually get used to playing no shields.

Nash

Post by Nash » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:22 pm

I have tried. Many, many times. It's just no fun, especially when I you can't get beyond your base as you're sniped from a distance. Given how quickly myself and other team players are camped or killed there's not much time for team organization. Even though there may be Teams, it's just an organized version of Slayer. So ... it sucks now. Not really the same game, but something that feels like Call of Duty.

In all honesty I really don't want to get used to the new game. I was happy with the way it was before. Like I said, the no shields version just favors the snipers, and the first ones to get into a good position to do so. After a while it becomes lame and unexciting, unless you like shooting fish in a barrel.

Nash

dudey

Post by dudey » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:23 pm

with the amount of lag on CORTANA server, having no shields is probably for the best

i think atomical tried running a shields bigass but no one played

you can always download the halo PC server list patch for MD and play bigass on PC servers

swampy

Post by swampy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:51 am

Here's full set up for haloMD to join PC servers. http://oldcarpenter.unaux.com/Halo/