flycam?

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

User avatar
joshZippy
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:46 pm

flycam?

Post by joshZippy » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:33 pm

the old commands ("debug_camera_load" etc., which worked fine in older version of HPC) do nothing. is there a way to get flycam working in HaloMD? my clan has some old projects we'd love to see finished.

thanks so much!

josh

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator
Posts: 1086
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:38 am
Location: null zone

Re: flycam?

Post by nil » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:47 pm

joshZippy wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:33 pm
the old commands ("debug_camera_load" etc., which worked fine in older version of HPC) do nothing. is there a way to get flycam working in HaloMD? my clan has some old projects we'd love to see finished.

thanks so much!

josh
I intentionally obfuscated those strings at some point to prevent potential cheating, though it's probably a weak concern now.. I think I had to also enable a hidden flag to get those commands to be executable in the first place, so it's not like they used to be available on the stock Mac version. You could use a memory editor like Bit Slicer to search for the slightly altered string or a hex editor like Hex Fiend on the Halo executable (off memory, stored somewhere in ~/Library/Application Support/HaloMD/ or a couple directory levels up from if you go to Mods -> Reveal Mods in Finder from the lobby app's menu, possibly in a game data directory around there). For example, you will be able to find "ebug_camera_load" 8-bit string and notice the byte preceding it is non-printable, and fix it up.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Guest

Re: flycam?

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:00 am

thanks for the response! unfortunately that's way out of my depth. do you know of anyone who could make it happen?

thanks again!

josh

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator
Posts: 1086
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:38 am
Location: null zone

Re: flycam?

Post by nil » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:28 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:00 am
thanks for the response! unfortunately that's way out of my depth..
I don't think so :wink:

Target Halo in Bit Slicer, search for an 8-bit String value "ebug_camera_load", show it in the memory viewer, insert the first letter ('d').

But if you don't try then it'll never work :p.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

User avatar
joshZippy
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:46 pm

Re: flycam?

Post by joshZippy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:54 pm

nil wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:28 pm
Guest wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:00 am
thanks for the response! unfortunately that's way out of my depth..
I don't think so :wink:

Target Halo in Bit Slicer, search for an 8-bit String value "ebug_camera_load", show it in the memory viewer, insert the first letter ('d').

But if you don't try then it'll never work :p.
thank you! I'll check it out soon ... my backups / Halo apps are on a drive far away. sounds easy enough. :)

User avatar
joshZippy
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:46 pm

Re: flycam?

Post by joshZippy » Tue May 08, 2018 3:16 pm

eee! it worked! THANK YOU! this is gamechanging—all the old videos I want to finish can now be done. :)

rock on!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu 2 [Spider] and 5 guests