Making old mods compatible

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Dragoon Rip

Making old mods compatible

Post by Dragoon Rip » Sun May 29, 2016 5:52 pm

If I send someone the .b30 mapfile of a mod that works for the campaign in the original halo demo for mac, would you be able to make it compatible with the new halo md platform?

ThePolice

Re: Making old mods compatible

Post by ThePolice » Sun May 29, 2016 7:56 pm

Dragoon Rip wrote:If I send someone the .b30 mapfile of a mod that works for the campaign in the original halo demo for mac, would you be able to make it compatible with the new halo md platform?
Yea you can do it yourself if you download the Pearl application which can be found here:
viewtopic.php?f=101&t=18512

Just open the map you want to convert as the target and the full maps location should automatically pick your Halo MD maps folder. Make sure it says demo to MD and hit convert. Then name the mod whatever you want and it will be located in your Halo MD maps folder. Then you can back up the old b30.map and replace it with your new map and rename it b30.map.

Dragoon Rip

Post by Dragoon Rip » Mon May 30, 2016 2:04 pm

Thanks--I've done that and campaign mode crashes whenever I try to run it. Any chance I could send it to you to take a look at?

ThePolice

Post by ThePolice » Mon May 30, 2016 4:36 pm

Sure, just post the link to it.

Draggy

Post by Draggy » Mon May 30, 2016 5:31 pm

Thank you: http://www.speedyshare.com/V7FFW/b30.map

It was the most amazing campaign mod--fully charged plasma pistol spawns AI spartans (your team), and all the campaign humans were replaced with said spartans. Super jacked up elite to fight against.

If you can somehow reverse engineer and figure out how to use a shotgun or something to spawn AI elite, that would be something else.

ThePolice

Post by ThePolice » Tue May 31, 2016 5:59 pm

Well I made a mistake in my first post. You're not supposed to rename a map after you convert it with pearl. But even if you keep the mod named as b30_1.map it still crashes.

I couldn't really find what was wrong with it but I decided to just make the mod you described anyway.

The charged plasma pistol spawns a spartan.
The flamethrower spawns an elite.
Turning on your flashlight will spawn a rocket launcher, fuel rod, flamethrower, a shotgun and a sniper.
The elites should be twice as strong.

For some reason when you spawn a spartan he doesn't move from where he's standing and sometimes the elites and spartans will spawn in an invisible gun turret. (they are supposed to fall out due to it flipping over)

Anyway here it is
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5x27t ... _1.map.zip

To run the mod you have to open the halo console by pressing the tilde key ( ~ ) and type: map_name b30_1

Drag

Post by Drag » Tue May 31, 2016 7:23 pm

Damn thank you.

final question: is there an easy way to make the plasma pistol and flame have infinite ammo?

if youre ever in boston, pints on me

drag

Post by drag » Tue May 31, 2016 8:00 pm

And if it's too difficult to make the plasma pistol infinite, can the spartans spawn instead from like the sniper?

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:17 am

You're supposed to do a Demo to Full conversion and use b30, not MD. We don't have special support for renaming campaign mods.

Also hi dragoon, nice to see ya. Missed your brief IM the other day ago.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

ThePolice

Post by ThePolice » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:34 pm