Hosting for Mac

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

A Stick

Hosting for Mac

Post by A Stick » Sun May 22, 2016 5:21 pm

So I have recently downloaded HaloMD on mac and I love it. I modded a map with Eschaton and I want to play the map with my friends. I have looked at the topics that teach you how to start a server but I am just not understanding it. How can I make a HaloMD server with mac. Thank you.
IGN: a stick
Discord: Stick#9145

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Re: Hosting for Mac

Post by nil » Sun May 22, 2016 6:52 pm

A Stick wrote:So I have recently downloaded HaloMD on mac and I love it. I modded a map with Eschaton and I want to play the map with my friends. I have looked at the topics that teach you how to start a server but I am just not understanding it. How can I make a HaloMD server with mac. Thank you.
I'd take one step at a time, that is trying to figure out how to host a server without any modding first (because MD mods need to be submitted on our database for *everyone* to play, unless you send them to people privately).

The first thing you should try when you start up the HaloMD lobby window:

Click the 'Start' button to launch Halo.

In the menu, navigate to Multiplayer, then Create "Internet Game". Select a map (eg: blood gulch), game type, and start up a game. If it works and you have no network configuration issues, you should see your game listed on the web lobby.

If it doesn't show up, then your game isn't going through your network properly and people outside of your local network will be unable to join. You can try closing the game and installing the port mapper extension from the lobby in the menu bar: Extensions -> Install Extension -> Port Mapper. Then start up a game and see if it shows up on the web lobby now.

If that didn't work, then I'd disable the extension from the Extensions menu. You'd then have to resort to port forwarding port 2302 over UDP on your router if you have access to it. That's not easy to explain, and this website would have more guidance for it.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

A Stick

Post by A Stick » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:21 pm

Thank you. How can I make a dedicated server?

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:44 am

A Stick wrote:Thank you. How can I make a dedicated server?
You need to use the halo dedicated server software: https://macgamingmods.com/forum/viewtop ... 01&t=18567

The windows version works best. Running it through Wine on linux works pretty alright. Running it through Wine one macOS is not guaranteed to work very well. You may also be interested in using SAPP with it (which I may have already bundled there but I'm not sure if I remember..). Good luck.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

A Stick

Post by A Stick » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:20 am

When I run the HaloMD server file it gives me this error.

A Stick

Post by A Stick » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:23 pm

I got it to work! Im going to make a tutorial.

MR_Goat

Post by MR_Goat » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:04 pm

I cant seem to find out how to host a halo sever that every one can play on not just my friends