mouse sensitivity glitch/issue

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Prestejohns

mouse sensitivity glitch/issue

Post by Prestejohns » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:37 am

hey folks, new here, having an issue:

My touchpad on my macbook works fine. However, when i use my mouse, the sensitivity goes haywire while I'm firing a weapon. My looking speed gets ridiculously fast and I'm unable to aim as a result.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Nash

Re: mouse sensitivity glitch/issue

Post by Nash » Wed May 04, 2016 8:51 am

If you are in a game, hit ESC. Next, hit Change Settings. Hit the Mouse selection. There should be some sliders there for you to change your mouse sensitivity.

Hope this works.

Prestejohns

Post by Prestejohns » Wed May 04, 2016 1:49 pm

Thanks for the reply, but the sensitivity isn't the issue.

My looking speed is fine until I hold down any of my mouse buttons. This generally only happens with the left-click button when I'm firing anything for a sustained period. However, this problem can also be recreated if I hold down either my middle mouse wheel or the right mouse button.

When any mouse button is held, the turning becomes not just overly-sensitive, but also chaotic. For example: Say I'm firing an assault rifle, holding down the button, if I track from right to left to follow a target, I will turn extremely far.

Something that I've also realized as I've examined this, is that it takes time for the mouse to be able to change looking direction.

So, in that example, if I then tried to turn from left to right by moving my mouse the opposite direction, I would actually continue to move left in the game, and then eventually the sensitivity would correct and to the right to match the change in my mouse direction.

None of this happens smoothly, its not something that can be easily controlled or even easily observed. It took a lot of playing around for me to deduce what I've outlined above. Sorry for the lengthy reply.

As an aside, it happens with both of my mouses that I've used. I haven't tried a wired mouse yet. I've also tried reinstalling on my computer.

Nash

Post by Nash » Thu May 05, 2016 1:16 pm

I've had issues with wireless mouses in the past as there's a delay issue. I'm not sure if it's related to the charge on the battery, or if the power need for the game is more than a remote mouse can supply. I went back to my wire mouse and haven't hand any problems since.

Prestejohns

Post by Prestejohns » Sat May 07, 2016 9:01 am

Well, reporting back, haha. Wired mouse has the same issue for me. I have no idea what to do about it.

Another consistent phenomenon - after having this mouse problem, if I go to my desktop, the cursor does not unhide my taskbar unless I use the mouse. The touchpad will not reveal it.

So weird. Something tells me this is very specific to me. :(

Nash

Post by Nash » Thu May 12, 2016 8:06 am

You may have to make a sacrifice to the Digital Game Gods, like burring a stuffed mouse, or a picture of Donald Trump. Hope you’re able to figure it out.

Prestejohns

Post by Prestejohns » Mon May 30, 2016 7:11 pm

Well figured it out!!

I suspect it was because I had smooth mouse installed on my macbook. After deleting every mouse manager the issue went away.

Very very happy

Trump 2016 ;)