Online Behavior by some players

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Awareness

Online Behavior by some players

Post by Awareness » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:37 pm

Although this may seem trivial, the actions of one player across numerous servers has got my attention.

Going by the name of something along the lines of [F]Reggie,
this player makes rude comments as soon as his enters the game.
He continues to do so throughout the match, never ceasing to stop.

Not only does he gloat in victory and complain when he loses, but he often invades the playing of other people.

He cynically urges people to switch teams to "make it hard", denominates players as "f***king kooks" when they make use of vehicles,
and is as much as a hypocrite as he is malicious.

Please take heed or take action,
His intrusions are loathed by many, his play-style abhorrent, but the worst part is that he only seeks to make your day worse, which is simply not part of the game.

jeepwrangler

Re: Online Behavior by some players

Post by jeepwrangler » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:11 am

Just ignore it. It's that simple.
If an admin is online, they'll get banned.

I play against people like "coffee" and people like him complain about "lag" when they die and call you a noob if they kill you.

It's just immature people being insecure. That's all.

andes

Post by andes » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:18 pm

Same with players like "Ren 51" who call people "hackers" when he just couldn't beat them. All he really does is shoot rockets with camo on and spawn kill with shotguns, so I don't quite get his mindset. He seems to think that Bloodgulch is his backyard and delegates others which is also frustrating. Just shut the fuck up and play man.

There are also hypocrites like "Sakon" when he complains about spawn kills and double teaming while he does the same to the opposing team. Ragequitting is his primary skill.

Personally I can't stand those people:
- who just won't stop typing and complain about type kills.
- who gains kill counts by spawn killing, killing beginner players, etc. and compares it with others ("let the scoreboard talk"). I don't think good players care about score counts, but more about the quality of each kill. Comparing kill counts with players that entered the game towards the end is also simply stupid.
- who cannot seem to tolerate their deaths ("WTF"). Are you that invincible? Or are you admitting that you're ignorant about your surroundings?

But i guess there's no way for us to change their mindsets. I just give up arguing with them and keep playing whenever I encounter these people. The best thing I guess is to not respond to their taunts and keep killing them to piss them off until they figure something out themselves.

Sakon

Post by Sakon » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:59 pm

andes wrote:Same with players like "Ren 51" who call people "hackers" when he just couldn't beat them. All he really does is shoot rockets with camo on and spawn kill with shotguns, so I don't quite get his mindset. He seems to think that Bloodgulch is his backyard and delegates others which is also frustrating. Just shut the fuck up and play man.

There are also hypocrites like "Sakon" when he complains about spawn kills and double teaming while he does the same to the opposing team. Ragequitting is his primary skill.

Personally I can't stand those people:
- who just won't stop typing and complain about type kills.
- who gains kill counts by spawn killing, killing beginner players, etc. and compares it with others ("let the scoreboard talk"). I don't think good players care about score counts, but more about the quality of each kill. Comparing kill counts with players that entered the game towards the end is also simply stupid.
- who cannot seem to tolerate their deaths ("WTF"). Are you that invincible? Or are you admitting that you're ignorant about your surroundings?

But i guess there's no way for us to change their mindsets. I just give up arguing with them and keep playing whenever I encounter these people. The best thing I guess is to not respond to their taunts and keep killing them to piss them off until they figure something out themselves.
Ragequitting is my primary skill? That's a bold assertion there andes. In most of the games I play (Nullzone Slayer or atomical's BG classic) I win. I do lose from time to time and I try not to talk badly about the winner of the game. I mostly get pissed at myself for losing and botching kills. But if another player is criticizing me (ie calling me the n-word, using other not nice words, calling me a crappy player) like when I played last night then I won't hesitate to respond. I personally think the servers need better moderation but that's up to nil and atomical.

I'm just curious though why you posted anonymously, andes is not a player name I've ever seen on Halo MD :wink:

Django

Post by Django » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:46 pm

You guys should also watch out for "WAR007". Biggest hypocrite ever. Such a big mouth too.
Just like some of the players that you guys mentioned above, he never hesitates to call others noobs when he gets killed. Now I understand there are instances where you may be double-teamed or roadkilled or killed by fuel rod guns constantly and have the urge to call the assailant a noob for that. He however seems to have a grudge especially towards players that attack/kill him with pistols: claims that they are noobs every time they kill him, that they are a noob for shooting on a hill when he does the same with a pistol and a fuel rod gun, and that they have bad aim when he can't shoot for shit. He also calls out other players hiding in a cave when he does the same, and says he hates players that talk shit to him when he started the entire commotion.

Making him irritated is actually pretty entertaining.
So this is not really a reminder but an invitation to find him and hunt him down. ha ha ha

DecodedCodex

Post by DecodedCodex » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:54 pm

WAR007, Sakon, [f]Reggie, UnicornRush, +=Ren 51=+, Gaver, Pyr0mancar, iKillrHD, SniperWolf, Ezio, Nasty Nas, and the list persists. Just a small portion people who behave utterly ridiculous in-game. With very little self-reflection, an obscene amount of hypocrisy and an overkill amount of arrogance. Those 11 players are but a slender amount on the ever-expanding list of players who showcase their toxic attitudes and loathing of the world on a daily basis.

Sakon

Post by Sakon » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:52 pm

Wickersham

Post by Wickersham » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:17 pm

Relax and just play!! We are all Noobs and Arrogants in our hearts, but we are also good people and great players!! Just have fun!!

Sincerely Jacky

xdude

Post by xdude » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:10 pm

They call you a noob when they kill you, yet make excuses when killed. My favorite excuses that I hear when you kill these jokers... coffee, Chrome (a coffee alias) sakon, MadCossack, Coworkers etc:

- "I'm eating"
- "I'm texting"
- "I'm not trying"
- "I'm warming up"
- "I wasn't looking your way"
- "I didn't have a sniper"
- while walking: "I was afk"
- "lag"
- "omg 2v1"

The list goes on. I just LOL when they die because they're so creative with their excuses. :D

No one in this game is untouchable, some are better, but the jokers listed above all have received good beatings.

Sakon

Post by Sakon » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:42 am

Oh please. And you are just hiding behind some random name. "xdude" is again someone I've never seen on HaloMD and I won't take you seriously until you reveal who you are and if I've played with you before.

Sakon

Post by Sakon » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:48 am

And this thread is another reason why this community will die sooner rather than later. We, the noobs that still play this ancient game, really should take time to set up scrims or servers that can foster a more competitive Halo experience rather than accept the mediocrity that is often present in players on atomical's servers and nil's Nullzone. I want to get better but noone seems to want to train/scrimmage anymore on here.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:45 pm

I have played in scrimmages in the past. It is an interesting experience, but they also tend to attract "angry players" that aren't that fun to play with. To me, it doesn't matter if they're good or bad at the game, if they're not pleasant to play with ;).

I have somewhat of a problem with people that try to prove themselves by how well they play, or those complaining / making excuses, those that insult others, those that enjoy others being irritated, or those that give attention to others "rage" quitting (anyone can leave whenever they want for whatever reason), etc. And I don't think anonymity is bad, but I do think it's a signal that there isn't a pleasant atmosphere about here.

I can't just sit around in a server to moderate unfortunately, and there aren't many of those that I'd trust. So not really much I can do. Pick less competitive servers, have less conflict, I guess. Alternatively, I could disable typing altogether for my server (the effective Nintendo approach) and let people get together via VoIP and the chat room.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Nash

Post by Nash » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:21 pm

There’ll always be bad behavior and players. No one uses their real names, so the behavior in a game can be pleasant, competitive and fun, to the equivalent of a drive by shooting. That’s the reality of anonymity on the internet. People will say and do things that they wouldn’t in real life, or to someone’s face because they can’t be held accountable.

Action reveals character. For me what people say and do in a game is a pretty good indication of the kind of person they are in real life.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:44 pm

Nash wrote:There’ll always be bad behavior and players. No one uses their real names, so the behavior in a game can be pleasant, competitive and fun, to the equivalent of a drive by shooting. That’s the reality of anonymity on the internet. People will say and do things that they wouldn’t in real life, or to someone’s face because they can’t be held accountable.
You're pointing at anonymity, but I choose to point to lack of heavy moderation, which is also often found in "real life." I actually think anonymity creates a safer environment for some people and not just abusers.

The other (more efficient) way to tackle the problem is by adjusting gameplay so the issue becomes less problematic. Some video game designers think about this and eliminate most of the issue altogether by making communication "not all open"
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Wickersham

Post by Wickersham » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:15 pm

Well i really like the servers, i´ve been playing since 2007 and the halo md atmosphere maybe one of the most family friendly environment (in spite of some obvious "troll").