attack on the Big Ass server?

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

tricksquad

attack on the Big Ass server?

Post by tricksquad » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:30 am

this happened at about 3:20 pm today (oct 1st) and is ongoing as i type this

myself, and pretty much everyone else is getting randomly kicked from the game. when i try to log back in, i just get the re-spawn "beep" that repeats over and over again. and on top of everything, an abnormal amount of glitching and lag. static player models started popping up on all of the spawn points. now, when i was on, i noticed a player "(warjuan117" come in and state "fuck the admins", continued by "fuck all of the nerds that play this shitty game" (well, something along those lines) and promptly leave the game. Not condemning this player, or accusing him, but i did find it kind of suspicious to just say that, unprompted, out of the blue. could samco or someone else involved in keeping the server/game running chime in on this? it would be greatly appreciated.

atomical

Re: attack on the Big Ass server?

Post by atomical » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:18 am

I saw the glitch yesterday and restarted the server. I have seen it before, but I'm not sure what causes it.

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:31 pm

There used to be a problem with ddos attacks on that server. Samuco found multiple people, including a chinese bot, which kept spawning new ips after it was kicked, were attacking it causing everyone to lag out about once a game and making the game very laggy. Given its history, I wouldn't be surprised if this was a similar attack.

Nash

Post by Nash » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:28 am

knowing nothing about programing or game modding, what's the point of these attacks?