360 DeadZone Controller Problem

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

HaloOG

360 DeadZone Controller Problem

Post by HaloOG » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:04 pm

Using Xbox 360 Wireless controller and mac driver. Works fine, recognized, controls everything assigned.

Played for 2 days, went through all the calibrations. Dead Zone still not wide enough.

Every time I play, the left or right strife will continue moving after I stopped on the analog stick.
The controller and adapter are brand new, from microsoft.

It looks like the data for the wireless controller settings are contained in com.null.halominidemo.plist, I tried to view the file in a plist editor, and could not make heads or tails of the wireless 360 settings. (Hieroglyphics)

Is there any way to increase the Dead Zone on the 360 Calibrator for HaloMD beyond what the little red setting item shows?

Thank you,

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Re: 360 DeadZone Controller Problem

Post by nil » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:08 pm

If you can't find such settings in either Halo or the 3rd party driver you're using (I assume you're using this), you may be out of luck.. The driver's webpage has "trigger deadzone" under "Still needing implemented" so I assume you're probably out of luck there.

I should note not many people play with a controller on the Mac or PC so the feature goes rather unused and untested.

[EDIT]: It looks like https://github.com/d235j/360Controller forked that driver's code, and I think they added settings for dead zones. So there may be some luck for you yet. Please direct further questions about the driver to them.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!