Importing Old Mods

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Zodiark offline

Importing Old Mods

Post by Zodiark offline » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:36 pm

Hey ya'll, I was wondering if there is a way to use Halo MD for playing mods from the old days? I just popped back in from forever ago and am a bit out dated when it comes to the software being used, so sorry if this is simpler than I'm making it out to be.

Thanks.

Zodiark, again

Re: Importing Old Mods

Post by Zodiark, again » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:58 pm

A little explanation of what I am currently doing, I am trying to rename the map (an old mod of mine) in MDRenamer, but I keep getting an error that it is not a valid halo map file.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:18 am

Hey. You'll need to use Pearl to convert your old Demo map to MD (which is based on the full version).

http://macgamingmods.com/forum/viewtopi ... 01&t=18512

Pearl has some MD renaming functionally built in too I believe.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

lazy zodiark

Post by lazy zodiark » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:58 am

Thanks Nil, that seemed to work pretty good. However, when I converted some maps it wasn't complete, scenery was missing or the entire map seemed altered. It's not too big of a deal, just curious if having the full maps would aid in the conversion (since I converted them without said maps).

Though I got my little trip down memory lane so I'm all good if they're just a couple odd situations.

Thanks again!

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:37 pm

Yeah, when using Pearl, I think you're supposed to have all the full maps. Modzy can confirm if still alive.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:33 pm

If you're converting from Demo to full/MD, then the built in index should be enough to handle everything without full maps.

Missing senery and such is common if the map originally had a null BSP, as that hack no longer works in full/MD and must be worked around.