Cant join games in Halo MD

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Crae

Cant join games in Halo MD

Post by Crae » Mon May 18, 2015 8:29 am

Halo MD opens fine and I can see the game list fine, but when I click to join the game it opens the demo, but then it doesn't open the map?
I went to the multiplayer menu and the internet option is gone(Im assuming because the game uses different servers than the gamespy ones)
What should I do?

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Re: Cant join games in Halo MD

Post by nil » Mon May 18, 2015 7:35 pm

Were you able to join games before? Have you tried restarting your computer? Have you to your knowledge modded any of the halo maps before?

You're correct that MD doesn't use the gamespy server, nor the in-game Internet lobby list.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Crae

Post by Crae » Sun May 24, 2015 4:01 pm

This is the first time I have attempted to play halo md
(I played the original demo back in the day and was incredibly excited to discover Halo MD:)
I have not modded maps before. (sadly)
I restarted my computer.
Nothing has changed :(
So I open the app and I can see the list of open games. I will click to join one, but then what it does is just open up the halo demo program, bringing me to the main menu, is this normal? Shouldn't it take me to the game itself?

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Sun May 24, 2015 10:14 pm

That is odd it doesn't join the games automatically. The "Join" button should make you automatically join after Halo starts up, or double clicking on the server should have the same effect. I'd try it on more than one server just to be sure it isn't a problem with one particular one.

Perhaps you can try to Direct IP to the games (under Multiplayer -> Direct IP from the main menu screen)? If you're at the lobby window, you can bring up the game inspector from the menu bar: Game -> Show Inspector. This will show you the game's IP address:port that you can enter in. Let us know if this works.

Also, are you able to start up local games yourself (under Multiplayer -> Create LAN Game under Internet), to test if you can load the maps at all?

Which OS X version are you running out of curiosity? I assume you downloaded the latest HaloMD version.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Crae

Post by Crae » Mon May 25, 2015 3:00 pm

Thank you so much!
:D
I tried double clicking on the game and it works just fine :)
It seems to have been a human error :P
I kept hitting start instead of join :p
Now I know! :)
thanks again