HELP: Map scenario problem :(

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

100% Juice

HELP: Map scenario problem :(

Post by 100% Juice » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:37 am

Alright, so I've been working on a new update to one of my mods, and one of the components is a new scenario (scenery placement, teleporters, etc.). I've been using Archon (version 1.0, apparently) along with Eschaton for most of the modding process. After a lot of work I tried testing it with some of my friends.

Here's the problem:

I tried to make "water" by using a similar technique to Magnum's fake water tutorial (http://macgamingmods.com/forum/viewtopi ... ilit=water), except I used the hangar wall from crossing and changed some things around to make it look more realistic. When I play alone (I play with 'Pixel + Vertex Shaders'), everything seems to work/appear fine. The problem is that when other players join, they either can't see the water, or can't see ANY of the scenery. When they have less shaders they can't see the water, but when they have higher shaders the scenery disappears altogether and it just looks like Blood Gulch. Now, I don't know any of this for sure, this is just what they have told me.

I've tried to follow certain guidelines that I've become aware of, such as only having one of any kind of 'scen' tag in the scenario. I can't think of anything that I've done wrong, but I suspect it has something to do with the fake water. I've also noticed that the wall doesn't appear in Archon as a selectable object, unless I change the shader back to the default hangar wall.

Does anybody know why this could be? Is it just the hangar wall that's causing the problem? And if so can I fix it by just removing it? I've spent a lot of time and work on this so far so the less I have to redo, the better.

Here's the mod link if it helps: http://www.mediafire.com/download/vur9e ... 33.map.zip

Tags that are imported or modified by me begin with 'JUGO'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

100% Juice

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Re: HELP: Map scenario problem :(

Post by nil » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:01 pm

I'm not sure if some of this has to do with shaders being glitchy on the Mac version of Halo. Having 002's Shader workaround extension on (while pixel shaders are on) might help.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

100% Juice

Post by 100% Juice » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:01 am

Alright well that's good to know. I will probably try just removing the wall and seeing what happens.

100% Juice

Post by 100% Juice » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:03 am

Okay so I tried the shader extension. The scenery shows up, but it's not shaded properly. It's as if the scenery is in the Pixel+Vertex Shaded map but they have lower quality shaders or none at all.

Hopefully I will submit the mod at some point, and I don't want players to have to install an extension in order to play if they don't need to. If anyone has an idea what's happening and why that would be very helpful.

Thanks,

100% Juice

Pyrhex.

Post by Pyrhex. » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:40 pm

I will take a look at this when I have the time, hopefully soon!