Some Modding Questions

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

ThePolice

Some Modding Questions

Post by ThePolice » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:02 pm

So I just had a few questions and if you could answer them thanks in advance.

1. Is it possible to easily increase the size of say the plasma grenade? I remember playing a large weapons mod along time ago and I can't find it anywhere.

2. Is it possible to make a biped ceiling, similar to the vehicle ceiling on bloodgulch.

3. Is it possible to make a movement penalty while holding the flag, without memory mods. There are some movement penalty floats in the weap tag but changing them doesn't seem to do anything.

Ranger

Re: Some Modding Questions

Post by 002 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:15 pm

1. That's only doable for weapons and equipment. You can change the size of the plasma grenade equipment, but not the projectile itself.

2. Not nicely without a HaloMD plugin, unfortunately. I guess you could fill the ceiling with scenery.

3. I guess you could have the flag emit an effect that stuns the holder, or you could write an MD plugin that slows the holder if he/she is carrying the flag. That's all I could think of.

ThePolice

Post by ThePolice » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:07 am

Ok so I think it will be fine if the plasma grenade projectile can't be changed, I just need the grenade to be bigger as it is sitting there on the ground. So how would I go about doing this?

So I found out that I could use Dead hamsters collision editor and I was able to make a large invisible plane to use for the ceiling.

So I was experimenting with the effects in the flag weap tag and I was able to have a stunning effect when you pick it up. I can make the stun long but if the person drops the flag they will still be stuned. So how can I make an effect that will keep triggering while carrying it? Also what are MD plugins? Are they server scripts or something?

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:58 pm

MD plugins (or extensions) are memory mods that load when Halo starts up, or when a certain mod is being played.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!