HaloCE (PC) not able to join my HaloMD (Mac) server?

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Tabish

HaloCE (PC) not able to join my HaloMD (Mac) server?

Post by Tabish » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:01 pm

I've got a friend with HaloCE on his PC who's trying to join my HaloMD server to no avail.
HaloMD in the about menu says it's the 1.09 version of the game - if he tries to join my server using any version before 1.09, it says connection rejected, your client is older than the server - which is fair enough.

However, he's tried to update to HaloCE 1.09, successfully, and hence we both have the exact same versions of Halo installed (1.09.0620 I believe) - but trying to join my server, he then gets an error saying his client is NEWER than the server, which is not true, as we both have the same versions.

How can I fix this?

Cheers :)

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Re: HaloCE (PC) not able to join my HaloMD (Mac) server?

Post by nil » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:48 pm

Hopefully not a April Fools.

Both 1.09 and 1.10 PC players should be able to connect to servers hosted on the Mac version, last I recall checking. Like you said, the Mac version is based on PC 1.09.

This is Halo PC right? Not the Custom Edition (which is often acronym-ized to mean CE here, not to be confused with Combat Evolved..)
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

WaeV
Peon

Re: HaloCE (PC) not able to join my HaloMD (Mac) server?

Post by WaeV » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:51 pm

When you say HaloCE (PC), I get a little confused.

Do you mean the Windows edition of Halo: Combat Evolved, aka "Halo PC"?

Or do you mean Halo: Custom Edition, aka "Halo CE"?

Halo PC and HaloMD can join the same servers.
Halo CE and HaloMD cannot join the same servers.