Help with a Mod

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

yourself

Help with a Mod

Post by yourself » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:56 pm

I'm trying to make a mod in Bigass where parts of it are underwater. In order to do that, I need to add scenery from other maps. I tried to figure it out using Eschaton, but so far I have only managed to increase speed, nades, mines, and fall damage. Also, I'm having trouble changing the vehicles, instead of changing into the vehicles I want, they just disappear. I was wondering if some of the experienced modders could help me out on how to do this. Thanks.

Pyrhex.

Re: Help with a Mod

Post by Pyrhex. » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:37 pm

Go to the reference swapper in the scnr section and swap out the vehicle you dont want and swap it with the one you want. Then go to the matg section and do the same.

HandofGod
Peon

Post by HandofGod » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:30 pm

The reason why the vehicles disappear is that they have scripts, which determine when the spawn, when they explode (which creates a new damaged model of the vehicle) and other things too. Scripts are very common in Halo Custom Edition but less so on Halo Mac as generally modders don't use them here. What Pyrhex suggests is good for most other mods on MD, but I would not recommend it for Bigass. Honestly, I'd stay away from modding the map... I've tried doing some stuff and failed miserably due to the scripts and other limitations.

PyRhex-

Post by PyRhex- » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:43 pm

Yes, I do not suggest messing with Bigass but if you were to swap vehicles on different maps. That would be the way to do it.