Ping For BigAss

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

i die a lot

Ping For BigAss

Post by i die a lot » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:24 am

Bigass game is kicking people out left and right for high pings. Is there anything anyone can do about this? I don't think it's about the players pings themselves.

i die a lot

Re: Ping For BigAss

Post by i die a lot » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:00 am

Can't someone fix the ping issue on BIGASS? Might as well not even be hosting that one.

[BA] Ironman

Post by [BA] Ironman » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:13 pm

I'm getting kicked alot too! WTF the bigass server host needs to fix this if he still wants people to play on it. Bring back Modzone!

i die a lot

Post by i die a lot » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:33 pm

Ya there must be a setting that can be changed. This problem didn't exist this much before the last update to HaloMD.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:01 pm

You have to talk to atomical since it is his server which nobody else has control over. He can be found on the IRC (link's on MGM homepage) or possibly the MD chat.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

i die a lot

Post by i die a lot » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:25 pm

Thx nil, that was the answer we've been looking for. Will mention next time he is killing me. :wink:

atomical

Post by atomical » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:21 am

I just made an adjustment. If your ping is over 300ms you will be kicked. Anecdotal evidence seems to suggest that players with high ping can lag the game or create the perception of lag. Keep in mind that this server also has no lead enabled. I'm open to suggestions.

i die a lot

Post by i die a lot » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:07 pm

Thanks atomical! I no longer get kicked but yes, people are complaining of lag. I experience it as well but at least it is playable by everyone vs just a few with pings low enough.
Problem seemed to start a week or so ago. I'm in Thailand so that has something to do with it i'm sure plus a major undersea cable was broken recently near Vietnam messing up internet traffic to the US etc. Inside Asia speeds are great, outside not so much.

BoldSeagull

Post by BoldSeagull » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:06 am

i die a lot wrote:Thanks atomical! I no longer get kicked but yes, people are complaining of lag. I experience it as well but at least it is playable by everyone vs just a few with pings low enough.
Problem seemed to start a week or so ago. I'm in Thailand so that has something to do with it i'm sure plus a major undersea cable was broken recently near Vietnam messing up internet traffic to the US etc. Inside Asia speeds are great, outside not so much.
I've been getting kicked a lot too, I've a high ping here in the UK, but does seem to be better over the last couple of days.

Good game today! :lol:

Nash

Post by Nash » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:30 am

Hope the lag/ping issue is resolved. is it me or do the Hogs and Gooses flip over more since the last update?

Nash

peppermint

Post by peppermint » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:08 pm

i am playing bigassv3 on a regular base since 4 or 5 month, and i never got kicked, except this week for the first time,
i am playing in europe/GER