Are we all equal when joining a server?

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

BoldSeagull

Are we all equal when joining a server?

Post by BoldSeagull » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:36 pm

Either I am particularly crap, or people join servers with different 'abilities'.

Please discuss. :?

BoldSeagull

Re: Are we all equal when joining a server?

Post by BoldSeagull » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:07 am

The answer it seems is 'no' we aren't all equal, and that some are able to have cheat bots.

Just played sniper gulch with 'Obama' who admitted as much (although 50 kills / 2 deaths gave it away a bit).

So, as a 'noob' my suspicions proved justified - I'm not just totally crap, there are just bonafide cheats playing. :roll:

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:48 am

Thanks Obama.

BoldSeagull

Post by BoldSeagull » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:06 am

'Lance' another one with a hack….

HandofGod
Peon

Post by HandofGod » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:25 am

Hey BoldSeagull. I know it must get frustrating but that Eternal Halo server serves both the Halo PC and Mac communities. On Halo PC there are definitely more people who use aimbots and other stuff like that. That's a big reason why I rarely use that server, also I don't like all snipers. And I don't think anyone on Halo MD uses that stuff, at least not that I'm aware of. Lance does not have an advantage either, I know because I've killed him on Bigass a bunch of times with no issues ;)

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:24 am

BoldSeagull wrote:...although 50 kills / 2 deaths gave it away a bit
This isn't an indication of anything. Now it may be possible there are some players that cheat, I do not know. But don't just base it on if someone in a game is doing very well. Like HOG says, there is probably less of a chance of cheating if you don't play on those two servers, though. But there could also be more PC players that are better too.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

BoldSeagull

Post by BoldSeagull » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:35 am

nil wrote:
BoldSeagull wrote:...although 50 kills / 2 deaths gave it away a bit
This isn't an indication of anything. Now it may be possible there are some players that cheat, I do not know. But don't just base it on if someone in a game is doing very well. Like HOG says, there is probably less of a chance of cheating if you don't play on those two servers, though. But there could also be more PC players that are better too.
I'm only playing through the HaloMD lobby - I've started the discussion as I have no idea whether players are just very good, or got some kind of cheats going on with extra health / better weapons etc.

There are some brilliant players on it I realise that, but within the game you sort of know it's fair and they are just very good - I do get that.

There are things happening however with some players though that just make you think something else is going on. Perhaps it's just a glitch in the server, or is it possible they have more than you when they start - that's all I'm asking.

BoldSeagull

Post by BoldSeagull » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:41 am

HandofGod wrote:Hey BoldSeagull. I know it must get frustrating but that Eternal Halo server serves both the Halo PC and Mac communities. On Halo PC there are definitely more people who use aimbots and other stuff like that. That's a big reason why I rarely use that server, also I don't like all snipers. And I don't think anyone on Halo MD uses that stuff, at least not that I'm aware of. Lance does not have an advantage either, I know because I've killed him on Bigass a bunch of times with no issues ;)
Thanks for the reply. So through the HaloMD lobby from this site, am I only joining Mac servers or both?

Ranger

Post by 002 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:16 pm

There have actually been instances of cheaters on those two servers. 300 kills in a short amount of time, plus damning evidence using a tool for viewing through someone's camera.

jeepwrangler

Post by jeepwrangler » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:25 am

002 wrote:There have actually been instances of cheaters on those two servers. 300 kills in a short amount of time, plus damning evidence using a tool for viewing through someone's camera.

Thanks for posting that video.

The colors of the game in this video look the same as on my Mavericks machines (dull and washed out, darker)... but when I play on my Snow Leopard machine, the colors look fine. What's that all about?

BoldSeagull

Post by BoldSeagull » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:49 pm

jeepwrangler wrote:
002 wrote:There have actually been instances of cheaters on those two servers. 300 kills in a short amount of time, plus damning evidence using a tool for viewing through someone's camera.

Thanks for posting that video.

The colors of the game in this video look the same as on my Mavericks machines (dull and washed out, darker)... but when I play on my Snow Leopard machine, the colors look fine. What's that all about?
In game settings you can adjust the video levels to change the brightness and contrast - might be worth a look.

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:37 pm

When Halo launches it applies temporary system changes to the screen settings in order to give the game the correct look (or rather, how the makers intended it to look). I've noticed recent issues with this setting change occurring, which can make the game look different on different computers.

Ranger

Post by 002 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:08 am

Could be shaders. They're broken on Intel graphics, so they're disabled by default on them.