Help: Submitting a mod...?

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

100% Juice

Help: Submitting a mod...?

Post by 100% Juice » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:31 am

Hey guys, just a few questions...

I've recently gotten into modding, using primarily eschaton, and I've given some thought to submitting one of my mods. I looked at the submissions forums and I was wondering about a few things.

I've ripped some tags from other people's maps that I've used in my mods. Mostly scenery and stuff like that. What's the policy for that? Do I have to get rid of them to submit a mod, or do I just give credit to the original? If so, then what's the best way to give them credit?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also this is my first post so sorry if I'm not very knowledgeable about this stuff.

Thanks,

100% Juice

Tucker933
Peon

Re: Help: Submitting a mod...?

Post by Tucker933 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:07 pm

It's respectful to give credit, but not mandatory. As long as you don't go around claiming credit for something that isn't yours, no one really cares.

If you want to provide credits for your mod, then the best way to do so is make a list of what isn't yours or stock, and include that in your release topic. Such a list should have the name of the author or map next to each piece or group of content.

100% Juice

Re: Help: Submitting a mod...?

Post by 100% Juice » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:01 pm

Awesome thanks