Editing Gametypes

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

jeepwrangler

Editing Gametypes

Post by jeepwrangler » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:20 am

Back in the days of PPC Halo, I was using Halo Demo Editor app (brilliant app, I might add) to edit gametypes.

It doesn't work with HaloMD gametypes (I haven't tried, at least).

How can I edit gametypes?

jeepwrangler

Re: Editing Gametypes

Post by jeepwrangler » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:10 pm

Silly me... it's built into Halo MD now...

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:50 pm

Yeah, HDemoEditor is one of my old apps. An app like it could still be relevant now if someone wrote such a thing. But you can also do it in Halo now like you discovered.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:11 am

002 made a nifty application that allows you to edit gametypes in ways that the default editor doesn't allow you to. I'm talking about score limits, times and lots of stuff.

It's called Flare. With it you can make, say, a team slayer variant with 200 kills score limit and 23 minutes of time limit! which is so, so much awesome and powerful!

you can get it here. I will make a tutorial on how to use it, but for now, you can find your gametypes in Documents > HLMD > savegames. The gametype files are always called "blam.lst", so you should open those with it.
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig