Custom Edition maps on HaloMD without converting

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Ranger

Custom Edition maps on HaloMD without converting

Post by 002 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:56 pm

Here's a link to the map: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6316

I know a Halo Custom Edition for Mac is about 10 years overdue, but who's counting? I tested it with Modzy and taxi a few days ago, when I finally got it working. Sadly, some maps still don't work, like ColdSnap, but there are some maps that can't be converted with Pearl that work, too. Hell, I can put all of the stock Halo Custom Edition maps, except for bitmaps and sounds to retain compatibility with HaloMD maps, and it'll work.

This plugin works when the map is opened, but before it's actually loaded. Right after opening a map, the plugin checks if it's a Halo Custom Edition map. If it isn't, it just proceeds normally. If it is, then some (actually slight) modification needs to be done. It will then open a map containing all of the Halo full version tags, Sparky's Incyclopedia, then proceed to import any missing tags dynamically, just like what Halo Custom Edition does. It's invisible to the user and adds very little time to loading a map.

The plugin will be released after the next HaloMD update.

Fonzeh
Ranger
Location: "I didn't just take your mom out to dinner. I ate your mom for dinner."

Re: Custom Edition maps on HaloMD without converting

Post by Fonzeh » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:38 pm

Godamn, too bad this won't get the attention it deserves today as it would back then.

Gj 002.
G[v]N wrote:HUGE NOTIFICATION
THIS GRAVY HAS BRAINS
Mota-Lev was here 30/4/2010@2:18pm