In Game "Download Failed"

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

In Game "Download Failed"

Post by guest » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:59 am

Whenever I try to launch a FV map in game besides bloodgulch it begins to join only to be interrupted by the error message "Download started... Download Failed", any idea as to why this is?

Re: In Game "Download Failed"

Post by guest » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:06 am

Also whenever I try to add the mods manually through HaloMD>Mods>Add Mods it says that the map's "build number is invalid".

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:52 pm

In game download fails because you do not have the map installed and it isn't a MD mod on our database.

To add a FV map in HaloMD:
1) Go to Mods menu in menu bar, Reveal Mods in Finder
2) Drag and drop your FV map into the maps folder that showed up in 1)
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Post by guest » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:27 pm

I have added the FV maps by dropping them in the maps folder via reveal mods in finder however it still doesn't work.. it used to work until i upgraded to mavericks then re downloaded md, ever since then adding the same FV maps which previously worked for me can't load.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:40 pm

1) In HaloMD, go to HaloMD menu in the menu bar -> About HaloMD. What version does it say is running there?

2) What FV map are you trying to use? (specify one example that doesn't work)

3) What game (IP address & port) are you trying to join? (specify one example that doesn't work, again)
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!