Mod Concept: Trust Issues

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Should this mod be made? (DO NOT SELECT AND OPTION MORE THAN ONCE)

Yes
36%
No, reason(s) why not? Select the reasons below.
9%
Not original
9%
Fucking evil/Cruel
18%
Players may not understand and RQ
9%
Boring
18%

Total votes: 11

Darth Vader

Mod Concept: Trust Issues

Post by Darth Vader » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:15 am

Background:
Some itmc's have more than one referenced weapon/equipment that spawns alternately using the same spawn. For example the Overshield and Active Camoflage one.

Mod Idea/Concept:
-Each weapon in the map will spawn through an itmc that contains multiple weap references. Only one of them will reference the legit weapon, though. The other references will spawn variants of the same weapon that will look identical to the original one, but will act in different/unpredictable ways. (The weight that each weapon variant should have will be one of the discussion topics of this thread)
-All weapons will have ONE clip only. No ammo pick ups will promote weapon switching and low ammo will promote "trusting your weapon", hence the name Trust Issues.
-The map will have to be medium sized/small sized. The itmcs will be placed all around the map, so that the players will be able to readily switch weapons when out of ammo.

Possible Spawned Weapons:

Toy weapons
-Harmless
-SFX's sounds
-Some may assist in gameplay, may result in player death if misused
EXAMPLE: Lag gun, Rocket Jumper

Death/Suicide Weapons
-Explodes/kills player upon firing
-Plays SFX that mocks player's misfortune
-Projectile may be fired. If so, projectile does devastating damage
EXAMPLE: Sniper rifle that explodes upon firing

"Better Than Nothing" Weapons
-Not as good as Legit weapons
-Projectiles can do damage
-SFX that mocks player's misfortune
-Side Graded Weapons
EXAMPLE: Rocket Launcher that "farts"(SFX) and produces a short deadly flame/a large puff of green smoke that shrouds the player. OR player is damaged while firing weapon.

Troll Weapons (Most fun portion)
-Basically weapons that function in an unexpected way
-Uses up all ammo upon firing ( * Indicates a special Case)
-SFX, ANY
-Harmless
EXAMPLE: AR that just lets out a fart. *Weapons that do negative shield damage. *Magnet Guns. Whatever shitty harmless weapons you have in your library.

Legit Weapons
-Almost the same old boring
-Upgraded to compensate for low ammo
EXAMPLE: Slightly homing bullets, Improved autoaim, Faster projectiles. More damage.

Other Features:
-The Death scream/sigh/whatever will be replaced with Mortal Combat's "Fatality"
-Warthog gun's firing sound may be replaced with: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-hI1j17Im4 Time period: 0:07 - 0:12
-Troll Weapon/Death Weapon firing sound may be replaced by : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yua-9eoaAxs Time period: 1:50 - 1:54

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Above is what I and Taxi have come up with so far. Not all may be implemented should this mod be made.

Feel free add more weapon ideas/categories down below, particularly in the weapon spawn areas, weapon percentages and the other features area.

Ideas in this format:
- Category
- Weapon (Where applicable)
- Proposed idea+Description (Link where applicable)

OR

Be a lazy person and write a random idea and then we will figure out where it goes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUMMARY: Stuff on top tells you about the weapon types, mod concept. Bottom is encourages you to dump whatever "derpy/troll weapon/mod ideas you had but never had a chance to implement" into this thread.
"And for a split second, the rabbit wondered what the anti-personnel mine was doing in the carrot patch" - Works of David Shrigley

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Re: Mod Concept: Trust Issues

Post by TaxiService » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:52 am

I really like this idea. I think it has a lot of potential. : )

This is what I would do:

For each weapon, make an itmc containing:
  • [/b]Legit version:
    If needed, the weapon can be improved to raise its effectiveness.
    Chance: 40%

• [/b]Toy version:
    This version of the weapon would have specific properties per each weapon.
    Examples:
    · Shotguns could push the user and the target backwards with a big force.
    · Rocket launchers could be turned into rocket jumpers.
    · Plasma rifles' projs could charge up shields instead of causing damage (this one would be evil, lol)
    · Assault rifles' jpt!s could be set so that both the target and the user would see really shitty camera effects
    · Plasma pistols could work as tractor/repeller beam guns
    Chance: 20%

• [/b]Hardmode version/Better-Than-Nothing version:
    These would probably be the most interesting weapons on a gameplay aspect.
    They can deal considerable damage, but also make the user vulnerable. The user has to learn how to master their power.
    Examples:
    · A powerful assault rifle that stuns the user when fired.
    · A fuel rod that fires fast projectiles that travel in a straight line, but that deals enough damage to cut 2/5 of your shield whenever you fire.
    Chance: 15%

• [/b]Troll version:
    These would be the most ridiculous weapons. While brainstorming, most of our weapon ideas were fart-related.
    Examples:
    · Assault rifles would fire 15 farts per second.
    · Rocket launchers would fire a rocket affected by gravity that would emit a thick, possibly brownish smoke while making inappropriate noises.
    · Other humiliating things
    Chance: 15%

• [/b]Suicide version:
    This variant would basically just kill the user with an explosion when attempting to fire.
    I think custom explosion effects and radii should be created for each weapon.
    In some special cases, the weapons could fire a projectile that would wreak havoc.
    Examples:
    · Snipers could shoot one-hit-kill bullets
    · Rocket launchers could shoot rockets that use tank shell explosions instead of normal explosions
    · Flamethrowers could chainspawn a ring of fire around the user's corpse.
    Chance: 10%

Note: If more than one version of the same weapon in one category exists, then the individual chance of each version should be equal to the total spawning chance of the category divided by the number of versions.

Example: If i make two Toy plasma pistols, their individual chances would be (20/2)% = 10%, and the plasma pistol itmc would look like this:
  • · normal PP (40%)
    · toy PP 1 (10%)
    · toy PP 2 (10%)
    · troll PP (15%)
    · HM/BTN PP (15%)
    · Suicide PP (10%)

If this doesn't work, individual spawning chance for each weapon in each itmc should be discussed.

Note2: A Better-Than-Nothing weapon could be a silly weapon that would still be able to kill, even if harder to use.
Like a shotgun that would fire big blue plasma drops with a short range and high gravity scale that don't make a lot of damage.

Note3: All weapons should look the same. A player shouldn't be able to tell what weapon they has by some HUD glitches, so we gotta be aware of our wphi's

Note4: I think that some weapons would be better if shipped with more than just one clip. Needlers and pistols, for example. We should discuss the given ammo for each weapon type.
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:45 pm

Have one of the troll weapons drop hundreds of projectiles on the players head.

Set the Z (or Y) position of the projectile really high, make it have a little bit of spread, initial speed like .333 and final speed 0. Gravity force very high.

So if you're just firing it normally, you will probably get killed by the massive load of projectiles following you.

Fire it in a warthog going very very fast, and you could create a trail of death behind you.

Darth Vader

Post by Darth Vader » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:51 pm

For a hardmode weapon, i was thinking of a fuel rod that overheats easily and explodes upon overheating. like 99 heat per shot. projectile travels in a straight line. does laughable damage.
"And for a split second, the rabbit wondered what the anti-personnel mine was doing in the carrot patch" - Works of David Shrigley

Ponzu
Operative

Post by Ponzu » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:38 am

I'm pretty sure there is absolutely no reason to modify any of the original halo's weapon balance as it is perfectly balanced.
Hi

Tucker933
Peon

Post by Tucker933 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:39 am

Ponzu wrote:I'm pretty sure there is absolutely no reason to modify any of the original halo's weapon balance as it is perfectly balanced.
I do hope that's sarcasm.

Ponzu
Operative

Post by Ponzu » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:36 am

No.
Hi

Pyrhex

Post by Pyrhex » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:40 pm

U suggested to put it in my mod. Would u like it as a public or private? U can help me develop that mod if u want.

Pyrhex.

Post by Pyrhex. » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:22 pm

how about a fart gun?

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:06 pm

Fart guns would've been the backbone of this mod. I suggested that all weapons had at least one farting variant, but meh. It might get redundant after a while.
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig