Invisible weapons problem in my mod

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

HandofGod
Peon

Invisible weapons problem in my mod

Post by HandofGod » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:46 am

Hi,

I'm sure this topic has been covered before but I am having some problems with invisible weapons on a mod I am working on. When I personally host the mod, I can see and pick up all the weapons on the ground but other players cannot see some of them but can still pick them up. Some weapons are clearly visible and can be collected by everyone but others are not and can only be seen by me, the host. These invisible weapons are the sniper rifle, battle rifle and pistol. I have posted images below of what it looks like when I can see the weapons when I host. But when someone else hosts the mod and I join, I can't see them at all but I can still pick them up.

Battle rifle: http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/3476/nx5.png
Sniper rifle: http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/45/bi42.png
Pistol: http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/7637/vvke.png

I've been using Eschaton 0.8 to work on this mod and cannot figure out what to change to make all the weapons visible to everyone. I'm guessing the problem is due to something with itmc, weap or the scenario, I just can't find a solution.

Any help, advice and assistance would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Ranger

Re: Invisible weapons problem in my mod

Post by 002 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:21 am

itmc tags are actually spawners for weapons that are referenced in a scenario tag. It spawns the weapon and tags some data onto it.

- Where to spawn it?
- Does it despawn?
- If so, how long until it despawns? Will it respawn?
- How long until I spawn another weapon?

Once the itmc spawns a weapon with these parameters, that weapon will be independent from the itmc. You're safe to rule itmc out for the time being.

It's difficult to check what's wrong the the map unless you provide a link, but it could possibly the the weapon tag. For some reason, the clients' games may "think" that they're incapable of picking up that weapon.

Tucker933
Peon

Post by Tucker933 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:42 pm

This isn't meant to be a joiner friendly mod is it? If so, then that's your problem right there. New weapons that aren't in the map file by default cannot appear for clients.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:37 am

Does this happen with other imported weapons as well? When a joiner picks one of these weapons up, what do they see on their screen? Like, i mean, all the stuff you'd normally see as a host? Model, HUD, the right effects when you fire, etc?

I've never heard of an issue like this! I can't help but think that you and your joiners are not using the same version of the th-- OH WAIT
WHAT ABOUT BITMAP INTERNALIZATION DUDE! DID YO-- did you internalize the weapons bitmaps?

...wait, they probably already were. ◡⁔◡ Dang. It's probably not about bitmaps.
Maybe... it's a hardware problem? You know how some rocks in bloodgulch ain't visible for some people because of their graphic cards or some shit, right? Maybe the shaders of these weapons you imported, somehow, possess the same issues of the rock shaders..?

If that's the case, then all your... wait... AUGH NO IT CANT BE!!!!!!!! BECAUSE YOU SAID THAT YOU SEE THEM NORMALLY, BUT NOT WHEN YOU JOIN!!! FUCK!!!! WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Dude this is really, really weird.
I'd like to take a look at your map and shit, but yeah, like, idk when i could do that. ◡⁔◡
Anyway consider trying to remake the map from scratch if we don't understand why this happens.

TL;DR: idk what's goin' on
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:12 pm

The problem would be with the animations of the weapons, and with the different weapon models. The fp weapon models are the models that appear in your hands while holding the weapons; the third-person (normal) weapon models are those that appear on the ground. You should make sure the weapons have appropriate animations and that all the markers are set up properly. The problem is not a matter of who is hosting, but of which view is being used. For example, do you see the weapon in third person when looking at your reflection in glass? What you could do to test this is to recursively import your weapon's itmc tag into Bloodgulch Extreme and go into the Halo Control Room tunnel behind the blue base and look down at your reflection on the floor while holding it.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

HandofGod
Peon

Post by HandofGod » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:01 am

Thanks guys for the replies, in the end I decided to rebuild the map from the ground up and I hope I fixed the problem. Still need to test the new version of the mod and see if the problem still remains... Hopefully that is not the case.

Pyrhex Shit

Post by Pyrhex Shit » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:23 am

yes i have seen this before in previous mods such as snowgulch the sniper is invisible to others and only tth host can see it but u can stilll pick it up