HaloDemoMods officially down and out?

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

jeepwrangler

HaloDemoMods officially down and out?

Post by jeepwrangler » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:23 pm

I reinstalled OS X today and noticed that HaloDemoMods is down and out :(

I knew they were closing down, but didn't realize they were removing access to the site. Darn.

Since I still play the Halo Demo, I use a few tools (that I thought were lost for good until I did a bit of Googling):

HConsEnabler (for enabling console in Halo Demo for Mac):

Code: Select all

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mjd2yt2mjnf/HConsEnabler.zip
Halo Demo Editor (for editing gametypes):

http://www.mediafire.com/?gwykwymdyji
Triforce:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7dap8nwyp5qb91e/Triforce.zip
Last edited by jeepwrangler on Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Re: HaloDemoMods officially down and out?

Post by nil » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:22 pm

We've moved on from Halo Demo, and now play and mod HaloMD: http://macgamingmods.com/forum/viewtopi ... 40&t=18061

Halo Demo is dead*. HaloMD supersedes it.

Sparky put HDM offline. I'm unsure if it's going to be offline forever or if it's only temporarily.

(*no longer runs on new Macs.)
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

jeepwrangler

Post by jeepwrangler » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:24 pm

Thanks for the reply!

Halo Demo isn't dead... there's 3 or 4 full servers right now. More than half of Apple's OS X userbase uses Snow Leopard (people don't see a reason to upgrade to Lion/Mountain Lion, they're lackluster OS's).

But, I understand that Halo Demo is not the future... but it's nice to have easy access to the tools necessary to host fun games.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:32 pm

jeepwrangler wrote:Thanks for the reply!

Halo Demo isn't dead... there's 3 or 4 full servers right now. More than half of Apple's OS X userbase uses Snow Leopard (people don't see a reason to upgrade to Lion/Mountain Lion, they're lackluster OS's).
Adium's stats say there's 26% of users on SL. While not too small of a percentage, certainly no where near a half. 40% are on 10.8, and likely most of MD's user base are on machines > SL. HaloMD is much better for various other reasons. I suggest trying it and telling people about it as well ;).

We do have an archive of some of HDM's files, including Triforce, somewhere but I can't remember where they are.

Glad to see some of my older tools (HConsEnabler, HDemoEditor) are still useful to people.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:21 am

I wasn't able to use HConsEnabler, so I used The Cheat to manually to enable console. So The Cheat can also be useful. Even for HaloMD. Well for making cheats.

jeepwrangler

Post by jeepwrangler » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:31 am

nil wrote:
jeepwrangler wrote:Thanks for the reply!

Adium's stats say there's 26% of users on SL. While not too small of a percentage, certainly no where near a half. 40% are on 10.8, and likely most of MD's user base are on machines > SL. HaloMD is much better for various other reasons. I suggest trying it and telling people about it as well ;).

We do have an archive of some of HDM's files, including Triforce, somewhere but I can't remember where they are.

Glad to see some of my older tools (HConsEnabler, HDemoEditor) are still useful to people.
Oops, I meant share of OS X Snow Leopard and below.

HaloMD is definitely the future... I'll check it out! Is it relatively bug free now?

jeepwrangler

Post by jeepwrangler » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:32 am

rEsTnPeAcEz wrote:I wasn't able to use HConsEnabler, so I used The Cheat to manually to enable console. So The Cheat can also be useful. Even for HaloMD. Well for making cheats.
Where can I get access to tools like the Cheat?

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:16 am

The Cheat is completely out of date, doesn't even work correctly anymore. Better more up to date alternative is bit slicer (use google, they aren't halo specific tools).

@percentage: there are much less 10.5 users than 10.7 users. anything below 10.5 is too small user base. Guess how the curve pans out.. (Aka "and below" hardly counts in).

Stable enough I'd say. MD does run on 10.5+ intel.

Someone here should have a link to archive of tools. Otherwise try searching around the forums. Any old app that begins with H* is likely mine (should have a working link).

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:59 pm

I still have the archive we used for HaloMD.net. I'm not sure if Modzy keep them on there.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:24 pm

Here's all the maps we saved: http://www.halomd.net/demo/

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:46 pm

I'll send news when whatever I'm doing is ready for you to know about.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Dead Site
Veteran

Post by Dead Site » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:55 pm

Modzy wrote:Here's all the maps we saved: http://www.halomd.net/demo/
Hah, sweet! My Archer Gulch request and one of my only two mods HealthSounds are there
[url=steam://friends/add/76561198023999718]Image[/url]

zªCh

Post by zªCh » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:07 pm

*tilts head down*
so i dont play all summer and this is what i missed....i already checked the md page....the saved page is missing a lot of mods...and it seems i have to make a new hmd login

also i can not run the application for haloMD of my mac....(found out a while ago but never said anything)
i feel silly still trying to finish working on things....thinking of things i need to change in mods that were posted
im just going to stop my rambling now..
-zªCh-
I remember thinking that halo would be the one thing that would never update past my mac.....then came HaloMD
now i have 3 versions of combat evolved on my mac...weird stuff.. now if only they made a ppc mac version of custom edition

jeepwrangler

Post by jeepwrangler » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:47 pm

Halo Demo server masterlist is unresponsive. I think GameSpy finally pulled the plug.

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:54 pm

jeepwrangler wrote:Halo Demo server masterlist is unresponsive. I think GameSpy finally pulled the plug.
Use HaloMD: halomd.net