Working on a protection...

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Sparky
Delta Force

Re: Working on a protection...

Post by Sparky » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:00 pm

I can provide a struct for each tag type. This will allow you to search for metadata FORMATS and thereby identify 4-letter tag type chars that would be overwritten by some protection methods. This would be what Zeus does, uses the tag formats to identify them.

Also, I plan to do a revised version of the INCY. It can't be done with the HEK, since Tool imposes artificial limits based upon the limits of the Halo (Custom Edition) capabilities. I did it the first time with Eschaton, which broke, then Altimit01 updated it for me so I could add more tags than would typically be allowed, then I put out the Incyclopedia versions. That was after Crazy Madness. I could do another version of the Incyclopedia, but I would plan to do this with Zeus, since Eschaton again doesn't let you go overboard with scnr or sbsp tags. Essentially in this case, the .map cache file is a single file archive of tags, rather than reading an entire directory of tags, which would be slower. So I would add every scnr and sbsp tag also. No model, bitmap or sound data would need to be internalized, though, since it's only the basic metadata that would be compared.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.