HUD Tracking Player locations?

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Darth Vader

HUD Tracking Player locations?

Post by Darth Vader » Sun May 26, 2013 6:25 am

Im just wondering, an old thought, is it possible for the HUD to track players locations? Like mark them as targets? I have seen this before in campaign truth and reconciliation(that grunt running to shade turret) and stalker gametypes but is this possible in a multiplayer map(on its own)? Im thinking along the lines of marking all the players as flags so only enemies pop up on the HUD as way points but i have no idea how to do that. Even so, would that work?

Been stuck on it for a very long time(half year) and i gave up. So i made a long range motion tracker to serve the same function however motion trackers do not tell you high up the target is.

Small project i gave up on, sitting in cyber dust in some folder in my halo demo folder. Really appreciate it if you guys have any ideas about it.
"And for a split second, the rabbit wondered what the anti-personnel mine was doing in the carrot patch" - Works of David Shrigley

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Re: HUD Tracking Player locations?

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Sun May 26, 2013 6:37 am

Probably not the map alone. Game type or scripting.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Sun May 26, 2013 11:54 am

Eh, wouldn't know how to do that. : \ Not sure if possible even through gametype hacking. Sorry dude; you'd probably have to modify the game's code or something.
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Mon May 27, 2013 12:06 am

Gametype "reverse tag" using Nav Points as markers. Set the maximum number of targets to 16. Or do oddball and set the maximum number of balls to 16. Or increase the radar range on the HUD and set in the cyborg_mp bipd tag the radar blip size to small. Set in the hudg (I think) the radar range to span the entire map size: for bloodgulch, about 200 world units. Gametypes can also only show enemies on the radar.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.