[WIP] HaloMD Zombies Gametype

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Sparky
Delta Force

Re: [WIP] HaloMD Zombies Gametype

Post by Sparky » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:04 am

What is the problem with the bsp? Do you get an error when you compile it in Tool or something? Or are you talking about a game engine rendering problem? The shader affects the game engine rendering; the bsp shouldn't otherwise have an issue unless it's corrupted somehow, like from a poor conversion, which would give it holes in its collision.

What I did in Concretely Cemented, Completely Demented, is to use a single piece of customized scenery for the ground, rather than have the ground consist of many smaller building blocks which all use the same shader tag.

The evidence of this shader problem is that multiple scenery with the same shader will disappear while most of the other scenery will not, even when they are abundant in number (but are different scen tags with different shader tag references).
Last edited by Sparky on Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

WaeV
Peon

Post by WaeV » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:08 am

It's not a problem I'm having right now - it's a previously observed problem with some maps where the BSPs have many faces.

HAC 2 (somewhat like HaloMD, but for Halo PC/CE) has implemented a fix for this issue.
Btcc22 wrote:This was mainly done to fix glitches on existing maps but the extra budget could be used to produce more detailed maps. Although the limit has been doubled, it could be increased further in the future if desired. I'm aware that OS does something similiar (wasn't at the time of implementation), although I'm not sure if it's only for .yelo maps. Assuming it's not, having this as a feature in more than one mod will allow map makers to have their higher detailed maps played by a wider audience.
Where .yelo maps are maps made for Kornmann00's extensions to Halo CE, lol. So many different versions of Halo these days.

This is my count:
Halo Xbox 1
Halo Demo Mac
Halo Full Mac
HaloMD
Halo Trial PC
Halo Full PC
Halo CE
OpenSauce (Halo CE with Yelo extensions)
Last edited by WaeV on Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:09 am

Those BSPs would need to be given exact portal planes to assist the game engine in clipping unnecessary rendered faces. Also, we're off topic now.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Ranger

Post by 002 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:04 pm

CCCD and Deep Space Arena have been added to the mapcycle. Map voting will be added shortly.

Ranger

Post by 002 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:19 pm

Map voting now works! Parallel Redux and Crossing have both been added to the map voting list, as well as the map cycle.

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:36 pm

You should be able to say "skip" to vote for a map vote. Like in Custom Edition. Nice!

Ranger

Post by 002 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:28 am

I've updated map voting a little bit so it's easier to look at. I've also finished a separate map voting plugin to be used on non-zombies servers, too, but I'll talk about that later.

WaeV
Peon

Post by WaeV » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:42 am

Oh, you did remove the @s!

Map voting is a good feature, glad to see it being implemented.

Ranger

Post by 002 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:32 pm

I am soon going to hand the server back to nil to be used for something better. I haven't got any big projects (none that I can reveal without assuring that I'm not lying), so it will most likely be another normal server.

The reason for doing this is pretty obvious. I'm done with working on it, maybe forever. I can't believe I've nearly finished! It's been a good two and a half months working on it, from when I hosted the very first version to Modzy hosting it to this version I made from scratch. Thank you so much for playing on it. I would probably have never completed it if it weren't for public testing. To the map creators, thanks for making the maps. It wouldn't have been done so well without you guys.

Now for some useless trivia!

• The first version, I worked on for nearly two weeks before handing it over to Modzy. This version, I only worked on for 2 days before its public debut on the dedicated server.
  • The scoring system, which I called "Arcade Scoring", is not random. You get a certain number of points based on certain conditions. It may seem random, but it isn't, trust me.
  • Zombies is the first server to have my map voting subroutine, since I had to integrate it for it to work properly.
If you are asked any questions about my mod when playing Trivial Pursuit, just remember what I said.[/size][/color]

Ranger

Post by 002 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:16 pm

The server has been replaced with a server that's oriented on free-for-all gametypes, for now. Thanks for playing. I'm going to be working on commenting and cleaning the code and possibly releasing it for you guys.

I'm going to be away for a couple weeks this July, so I will likely not be able to release it until August.

rprobot2

Post by rprobot2 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:01 pm

I understand that I'm quite late to this thread, however I am wondering if there are still methods for installing the mod. I frequently host 9 player games and zombies would be a very fun gamemode. How would I install it? Is it public yet? Sorry for such a late comment.

Ranger

Post by 002 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:04 pm

rprobot2 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:01 pm I understand that I'm quite late to this thread, however I am wondering if there are still methods for installing the mod. I frequently host 9 player games and zombies would be a very fun gamemode. How would I install it? Is it public yet? Sorry for such a late comment.
Sorry. I haven't released it and I guess I gave up on releasing it.

sehe has released a similar script, although without any sort of arcade scoring: http://halo.isimaginary.com/forum/thread-377.html

Rprobot2

Post by Rprobot2 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:18 am

Thanks, and I loved your gamemode - I used to play on Nil's server.