Memory Modding Question: Teammate-Only Accessways

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Sparky
Delta Force

Memory Modding Question: Teammate-Only Accessways

Post by Sparky » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:28 pm

2310's comment about the difficulty of tracking flag carriers through teleporters that have entrances in the team's base (viewtopic.php?p=216911#p216911) makes me wonder if it would be feasible (for Samuco) to write a memory modding application that:

- only allows the red team to use the red base teleporters, and the blue team to use the blue base teleporters (and the ability to randomize or change access)
- prevent a certain team from accessing coordinates on a map
- teleport a player to a certain coordinate when they reach a certain coordinate area

In other words, we could probably do a lot more with teleportation than we have already been doing and that the game typically allows with its default netgame flags.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Re: Memory Modding Question: Teammate-Only Accessways

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:58 pm

I dont think number two will work, but the rest will probably work.

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:16 pm

Restricting teleportation to certain teams sounds like a terrible idea. You'd have to completely re-balance the map the compensate for the added difficultly when you normally wouldn't have to.

Ranger

Post by 002 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:08 pm

rEsTnPeAcEz wrote:I dont think number two will work, but the rest will probably work.
Sparky wrote:- prevent a certain team from accessing coordinates on a map
I wrote a mod called Kill Zones, once. I never released it because I thought it to be useless. If you entered a region, you would slowly/rapidly lose health depending on the settings of a text file. Number two is totally possible with memory modding.

Samuco
Peon

Post by Samuco » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:22 pm

Sparky wrote:2310's comment about the difficulty of tracking flag carriers through teleporters that have entrances in the team's base (viewtopic.php?p=216911#p216911) makes me wonder if it would be feasible (for Samuco) to write a memory modding application that:

- only allows the red team to use the red base teleporters, and the blue team to use the blue base teleporters (and the ability to randomize or change access)
- teleport a player to a certain coordinate when they reach a certain coordinate area

In other words, we could probably do a lot more with teleportation than we have already been doing and that the game typically allows with its default netgame flags.
Take a look at the memory mod for 5 team slayer.
1 - You would track the players coordinates and teleport them if they go to a certain location. I had a special version of swordedit that helped me get map locations.
2 - Same as 1. If they go inside a zone then teleport them outside.
3 - The same as 1.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:20 pm

Samuco wrote:
Sparky wrote:2310's comment about the difficulty of tracking flag carriers through teleporters that have entrances in the team's base (viewtopic.php?p=216911#p216911) makes me wonder if it would be feasible (for Samuco) to write a memory modding application that:

Take a look at the memory mod for 5 team slayer.
1 - You would track the players coordinates and teleport them if they go to a certain location. I had a special version of swordedit that helped me get map locations.
2 - Same as 1. If they go inside a zone then teleport them outside.
3 - The same as 1.
I realized they were all the same task, just slight variations in functionality for ideas.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Samuco
Peon

Post by Samuco » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:31 pm

Implement them by modifying the code in halo and we haz success!