HaloDemoMods.com Upgrade

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Should HaloDemoMods.com continue and make a HaloMD Database?

Poll ended at Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:29 pm

Yes.
50%
No.
50%

Total votes: 2

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

HaloDemoMods.com Upgrade

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:29 pm

I know HaloDemoMods.com is most likely to shutdown, but I believe that it should stay and there should be an upgrade:
Leave the site the same, but add a HaloMD Database and connect it to the HaloMD, you know so people can literally download it from HaloMD. Also, shutdown the Index of mods HaloMD Database that we are using now and replace it with HaloDemoMods HaloMD Database.

Why do I want this? First of all, myself and a lot of people find HaloDemoMods.com really useful. Secondly, it looks more organized. Thirdly, you can get descriptions of mods and pictures. Lastly, HaloDemoMods.com still has resources for the original Halo Demo that people still play and also for Halo Full. Also, HaloDemoMods.com, as you can see it says "Demo" in "HaloDemoMods.com", HaloMD means Halo Mini Demo. So it's related and should be in the original website for Halo Demo.
I know this all depends on Sparky, but I like it and I bet a lot will too.

Thank you for your appreciation, RIPz.

Poll ends on Thursday, April 25th, 2013.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Re: HaloDemoMods.com Upgrade

Post by nil » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:48 pm

HaloMD already has a database, and it's going to stay on MGM's servers. The database that MD directly uses is not going to be on a wiki page because that really sucks. The database currently is in a (comparatively) very simple format for a machine to understand. The HaloMD app (which only you can't run by the way) has a nice enough interface to discover mods.

The database actually used to be on HDM, but that changed due to.. issues. I still have to try to migrate a small percentage of users that are connected to HDM's old database.

A database with descriptions and pictures of mods are less important than ever, now. Finish a mod, advertise it on MD's lobby to get people to join your game -- that is *much* more effective.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!