Hologram>The Next Gen of Halo Modding.

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Hologram>The Next Gen of Halo Modding.

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:57 pm

Is it possible to make a hologram perk in Halo Demo like in Halo Reach. Maybe it can be like a function like the flashlight?
If it is possible... I WANT IT BADLY!!! :D

@The Next Gen of Halo Modding :lol:

Smythe
Commando

Re: Hologram>The Next Gen of Halo Modding.

Post by Smythe » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:03 am

okay, change the title to something more true.

something like: hologram, is it possible?
Because the current one makes no sense and isn't true.

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:05 am

Smythe wrote:okay, change the title to something more true.

something like: hologram, is it possible?
Because the current one makes no sense and isn't true.
If the Halo Demo community finds this out, it is as if the next generation of Halo Modding is near or close to come. I know thinking about Hologram makes you shocked, but if I have something to say, I say it.
You better STOP that atitude boy, because God does not like that at all.

Anyone have any suggestions of an idea to make Hologram in Halo Demo? If you do just post some.

Sprint is possible, Armor Lock has been done, Active Camo is done of course, Bubble shield was done, but Hologram is probably impossible. I was thinking about Hologram, and maybe it can be done with the Clone Hack or something. The thing is that it doesn't last. I was thinking maybe someone can modify the gravity rifle from the 3rd Person view so the actual weapon can not be seen. Then for the first-person model animation the weapon can not be seen. Change the projectile to a Biped (Character) I guess. Then change the lifetime to a specific time. The only thing is that the Biped will not be moving or whatever the real person was doing. So I was thinking about AI, spawning the AI as a projectile, but AI is not synchronized over the netcode. Then that gave me an idea.
Disarm or take off the player who activates Hologram from the netcode. I saw this on Halo CE. This will probably make a clone. Most likely to fail. Most likely to have to script. Maybe if you create a Mach (Device Machine) tag and maybe tell it to create a Biped that is walking or copying what the player did. Not sure if that will work. I never really had experience editing Mach tags. I will try and look for every Mach tag for every Halo game and see if it has a ressemblance like what I said. But now that gave me the question... Will the edited Mach tag with Hologram be synchronized over the netcode if it were to happen.
Anyway... It may be possible to have all the perks from Halo Reach. The mod will not be CSS, for sure.

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:54 am

No, not impossible. Should be pretty easy actually. I remember someone got bipeds to walk in one direction, so there could be a chainspawn that is caused by the flashlight that triggers a biped spawning, that would walk ahead.
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:20 am

Two problems arise:
- how do you make the hologram sport the same color as the spartan who fired it? (can we do it without scripting?)
- how do you make the hologram stop where you are aiming? (i guess this is impossible to do without some scripting)

also a smaller problem, that is: how do you make the hologram die?
But that's easier to solve. We just need an effect attached to the biped that, like, inflicts a jpt! to the bipd after a set amount of time.
We'll also have to make a proper coll for it! I'd use engineer shield as its material. And we need to make a proper dying effect!
Also i'd disable the shield spla in the bipd.
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:28 am

I've played Halo Reach and actually if the player stops moving and activates the Hologram perk, the Biped doesn't stop or is not supposed to stop. Even if the player stops the Hologram walks in the direction where your camera is looking at.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:26 am

yeah, no, i mean... You know how if you point somewhere while activating the hologram, it will walk to that place and stop there?
That's what i meant.

If you activate the hologram pointing on the ground before you, it'll walk a few steps and stop where you were pointing. This is what i'm saying.
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:33 pm

Won't the Hologram just walk in any direction even if it is blocked by an object. It will try at least. It really depends.

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:22 am

rEsTnPeAcEz wrote:Won't the Hologram just walk in any direction even if it is blocked by an object. It will try at least. It really depends.
No.

Okay, so it should be relatively easy to get the flashlight to spawn a bipd, making it walk would be the problem...

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:25 am

Duke Nuke'em has a hologram powerup; is this the same concept?

Detail how it would work:

1. Pick up a hologram powerup
2. Throw the powerup like a grenade to the desired location.
3. Powerup spawns a spartan that uses a Halo hologram-like model (with transparency) -- or -- Powerup spawns a spartan that uses the player's color or a random spartan color
4. The hologram is stationary -- or -- The hologram walks a little from its spawn point and then is stationary -- or -- The hologram walks a player-determined distance from its spawn point and then does something
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:18 pm

People who asked me about hologram told me that they will like it if its like a function (like the flashlight). But... That powerup will do.

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:57 am

If you make the hologram black, you won't have to worry about matching 90% of people's armor. >_>.

Also M, how did you get the biped to walk?
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

a bullet

Post by a bullet » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:10 pm

I don't know if you'll be able to harness this, but it's worth a look. I was spawning bipeds in a mod of mine to try to get the 'burning' effect to attach to a spartan if they walked through flames and found that if the biped dies in the fire, rather than playing a death animation, they would run around in random directions for something like five seconds and then collapse. This could be used to make a biped run around if it was spawned with the q button and died immediately. This might only be linked to being burned with a flame which makes an actv run around when it is burned with a flamethrower or attached with a stickie grenade.
Whenever I see Nuthead's avatar all I can see is a sad, abandoned cigarette butt that is forced to spend the holidays all alone in the cold.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:33 pm

a bullet wrote:I don't know if you'll be able to harness this, but it's worth a look. I was spawning bipeds in a mod of mine to try to get the 'burning' effect to attach to a spartan if they walked through flames and found that if the biped dies in the fire, rather than playing a death animation, they would run around in random directions for something like five seconds and then collapse. This could be used to make a biped run around if it was spawned with the q button and died immediately. This might only be linked to being burned with a flame which makes an actv run around when it is burned with a flamethrower or attached with a stickie grenade.
Nice idea, and it would be done by changing one of the main death animations to a moving animation instead. You could probably do this in the antr tag without redoing any of the animations in 3ds max.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:52 pm

From what i know, that would just make it run on the spot wouldn't it?
You could make it a projectile, that instantly sinks to the ground, but has no ground friction, so it just travels along the ground? idk if that'd work though.