Taxi's best friend - Also more videos, possibly.

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Re: Taxi's best friend - Also more videos, possibly.

Post by TaxiService » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:20 pm

o_o

we could have Blueberry and Pepperoni/Aubergine and Strawberry teams! The starting weapon for both teams could shoot tomatoes ('cause they are fruits that are sorta considered vegetables sometimes?)

There could be a melon seed/assault rifle thing for the fruit team? And avocado/pineapple grenades that insta-kill if they hit you directly? Oh god, we could actually do it! : ]

Yo, share ideas about vegetable/fruit weapons here, guys!! In the meantime i'll fetch the old carrot launcher and possibly take a video of it in action against some elites. I could have to revise it a little, maybe? The carrots did not explode or anything.

Gonna edit this post to add the video later if nobody posts.
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

zapconquest
Ranger

Post by zapconquest » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:42 pm

if we could come up with some really good looking splatters, different colors for each, it could really look cool once all the different things are flying around.

is it possible to tell the carrot, for example, to explode after three bounces? I suppose we could alter its lifespan but that wouldn't guarantee that it would explode upon it's 4th time hitting the ground...

we could give each fruit/veg a different arc based on its approximate weight (so like a giant pumpkin would have a much steeper arc than a tomato)

some things could bounce around a few times before exploding, others explode upon impact depending on how strong their outer shells are (hard carrots would bounce more than squishy grapes)

lol the warthog wheels could just be pizzas

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:19 am

I say we can do it :D

Grape rifles should be the assault rifle, the Rocket should be a carrot, plasma cannon should be pumpkins, grenades are watermelon (similar to plasma) and pineapple (similar to frag, but should break into multiple smaller grenades).

Plasma pistol should be replaced with a tomato, with the charged shot being a rotten tomato that leaves a burning type effect. Plasma rifle should be blueberries, flamethrower should shoot passion fruit flesh.

Shotgun oranges because why the hell not.

Pistol... Not sure

Sniper obviously cucumber, though it wouldn't really be all that easy to see the cucumber without making the sniper completely different, which I'm totally fine with.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:13 am

Call the mod "Food Fight: Finish It" and dress the spartan as a Master Chef, instead of Master Chief.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:53 am

Thinking about using an halo-themed edit of this for the loading screen:

heh

also >the warthog wheels could just be pizzas
lol. I like your way to think about things, zap.

God dammit, i wanted to post this yesterday and i had written a good post about what approach we should take about creating these weapons, but for some reason i didn't post it? Maybe i had to review the post and then i forgot? Dammit, taxi! get your shit together!!!

Anyway basically what i wanted to say is: we've got to think about a few kind of weapons for both teams. They should be somewhat balanced, although not the same weapons with a different look.

We have to think about new theme-fitting concepts for weapons rather than trying to adapt the existing weapons to our theme.
I mean: if we're going to turn the plasma pistol into a tomato, it doesn't mean it'd have to keep having its secondary fire! I mean, we need to create stuff ‘from scratch’ instead of modifying existing stuff! (obviously i am going to use existing stuff to ‘create’ other weapons though)

So for instance, i like the idea of a pumpkin projectile! I picture it as a somewhat big thing that would ‘explode’ on impact, leaving a mess and having a medium-sized AOE damage. (i am thinking about something hunter blood and garb tags!)
Say, we could maybe even have a kind of bombardment-like weapon that drops pumpkins! Like, uh, remember that weapon you did for the MGM collab, zap? The one that would invert your screen's colors? I dunno! I'm just throwing ideas all over the place here!

We've got to play a lot with projectile weight, bouncyness, reflections, and all that stuff! You've got to think: How would this particular fruit or vegetable behave if i used it as a weapon?

okay that would yield very disappointing results most of the times, but we've got to caricature these things and make something silly that can also be enjoyable to play!
MGM Sig

kiddten
Commando

Post by kiddten » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:21 pm

perhaps we could expand on the theme? like, does everything have to launch food, or could we make things only remotely food related i.e. something to do with cooking like a fire or something, or perhaps the shotgun could be swiss cheese themed?
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:13 pm

>shotgun could be swiss cheese themed
Well, it does tear holes in stuff! ha ha

EDIT: PS: i'm gonna post a quick map i assembled that contains those weapons i made and some AIs to test them on.
So yeah, stay tuned if you're interested.

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:14 pm

This is me officially tuned.
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:33 am

God dammit i wanted to release this thing three days ago! But i had to tune in the carrot launcher a bit, and i am not even really happy with the carrot exploding effect. Buuuuut it's alright for now!

And FUCK i can't upload shit from my current location!!!!!!!!!!! I'll upload as soon as i get home and maybe make a new thread in mod releases. But the "quick" mod is ready!!
MGM Sig

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:20 am

Don't become frustrated, Taxi.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:45 am

/me gets frustrated
Nnnnoooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Anyway nah i'm not! : )
Here is the link to the mod release thread, btw!

Ah, sparky! I've made a mess uploading the archive to HDM! : \
I uploaded the archive with some +'s in the filename, and it seems that if you try to load it, the browser or the wiki filters the url using underscores or spaces. : \ So the wiki says that the file does not exist, but it does! It's in the logs!

So uh, i reuploaded the file without those +'s. Can you delete the other one, please? Sorry..! d-didn't think that would happen. :sweating:
MGM Sig

kiddten
Commando

Post by kiddten » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:44 am

speaking of silly(ish) weapons, I once made a pee-gun. I even changed the projectile origin so it looked like you were, erm, emptying your, uh, bodily fluids over anything close enough. also I think I just had an idea for a "rave gun": have the damage effect flash the screen a colour while setting the fp view jitter (idk what it's called, that effect you get where the screen shakes when an explosion happens near you?) really high! bonus, make the fire effect a shitty electronic music loop! now, grunt birthday party hard!
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

a bullet

Post by a bullet » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:20 am

I coincidentally stuck another weapon with the carrot launcher and the map crashed.
Whenever I see Nuthead's avatar all I can see is a sad, abandoned cigarette butt that is forced to spend the holidays all alone in the cold.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:19 pm

a bullet wrote:I coincidentally stuck another weapon with the carrot launcher and the map crashed.
D: whaaaaat!!!! that didn't happen in the map i used to make the weapon in!!!

god dammit, that was not supposed to happen, man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fuuuuuuuuuccccccckkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: PS: I am so, so sorry for this, by the way!! : (
MGM Sig

Fonzeh
Ranger
Location: "I didn't just take your mom out to dinner. I ate your mom for dinner."

Re: Taxi's best friend

Post by Fonzeh » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:21 am

Sparky wrote:
Fonzie wrote:I FINALLY GET A MAC.
What kind?
13 inch macbook pro pre retina with mountain lion and an 06 iMac 2.16Ghz with snow leopard.

Imac has 3GB ram, Macbook has 4GB.

Both has 256MB gfx i believe.

also wtf no one cares lol
G[v]N wrote:HUGE NOTIFICATION
THIS GRAVY HAS BRAINS
Mota-Lev was here 30/4/2010@2:18pm