HaloMD

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Fonzeh
Ranger
Location: "I didn't just take your mom out to dinner. I ate your mom for dinner."

Re: HaloMD

Post by Fonzeh » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:03 am

Nil.... Halo Color Tool for Halo MD!

All your missing man, I be tellin youz
G[v]N wrote:HUGE NOTIFICATION
THIS GRAVY HAS BRAINS
Mota-Lev was here 30/4/2010@2:18pm

corang

Post by corang » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:15 pm

nil wrote:The web lobby is located here.

I added favorites as a hidden feature, but I have no intention in making it unhidden.

Currently, hosting non-dedicated servers is broken.. I'm looking forward to fix that with monoman..
I "found" the "hidden" favorites feature and i have found it to be quite useful.

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:23 pm

Nil, would you mind updating Halo - The MP experience?
http://www.mediafire.com/?y8x9yvb139dai1y
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:22 pm

Mgalekgolo wrote:Nil, would you mind updating Halo - The MP experience?
http://www.mediafire.com/?y8x9yvb139dai1y
Updated it yesterday. You'll be glad to know that there are people playing your updated version.

(this likely could never happen in demo).
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:05 pm

Thats great :D.
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:01 am

I was fooling around in Crossing and noticed the energy sword has changed. All I wanna know is why the attack animation looks like you're sloooowly poking someone in the eyes.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:57 am

Modzy wrote:I was fooling around in Crossing and noticed the energy sword has changed. All I wanna know is why the attack animation looks like you're sloooowly poking someone in the eyes.
The energy sword before was insufficient because it only has a melee trigger (unlike any other weapon in the game), and there wasn't a model for it. Sparky was working on making a new sword without imitating other halo games, and so the primary attack was a stab attack (it actually shoots out an invisible projectile I think, so it can attack vehicles for example and has some force on it). The balance was that you had two swings, a fast short-ranged one, and a slow long-ranged one. In the end though, we're just going to scrap the idea and remove the sword altogether in the next update.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:28 pm

nil wrote:
Modzy wrote:I was fooling around in Crossing and noticed the energy sword has changed. All I wanna know is why the attack animation looks like you're sloooowly poking someone in the eyes.
The energy sword before was insufficient because it only has a melee trigger (unlike any other weapon in the game), and there wasn't a model for it. Sparky was working on making a new sword without imitating other halo games, and so the primary attack was a stab attack (it actually shoots out an invisible projectile I think, so it can attack vehicles for example and has some force on it). The balance was that you had two swings, a fast short-ranged one, and a slow long-ranged one. In the end though, we're just going to scrap the idea and remove the sword altogether in the next update.
Possibly replace it with the flamethrower?

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:57 am

I thought about that but I think that's kind of awkward (flame thrower placement is generally not really used like that).

I had just fixed timeout issues with the HaloMD lobby, it had to do my master server script.

This is getting close to done, a couple things are still on my todo:
*Make crossing and barrier use their own map names (crossing.map and barrier.map instead of infinity and boardingaction) [already done in my dev. build]
*Finalize barrier and crossing adjustments [done in my dev. build]
*Support for using third-party mods with halodedi software.
*Finalize Mods Database structure online by using my halomd/ directory instead of wiki [done, will affect future builds].
*See if UI strings can be removed by stripping out unused maps (Modzy!!)
*Update MDRenamer, create wiki page on mod database distribution.
*Release a beta.

@Fonzie: I asked jon about color tool, he's looking into it I think.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:37 pm

nil wrote:I thought about that but I think that's kind of awkward (flame thrower placement is generally not really used like that).

I had just fixed timeout issues with the HaloMD lobby, it had to do my master server script.

This is getting close to done, a couple things are still on my todo:
*Make crossing and barrier use their own map names (crossing.map and barrier.map instead of infinity and boardingaction) [already done in my dev. build]
*Finalize barrier and crossing adjustments [done in my dev. build]
*Support for using third-party mods with halodedi software.
*Finalize Mods Database structure online by using my halomd/ directory instead of wiki [done, will affect future builds].
*See if UI strings can be removed by stripping out unused maps (Modzy!!)
*Update MDRenamer, create wiki page on mod database distribution.
*Release a beta.

@Fonzie: I asked jon about color tool, he's looking into it I think.
The changes to the ui strings would need to be in the playable scenario maps, all the mods, and the ui.map file. The better way to remove them all would be only editing the executable. With the Halo Editing Kit, map strings are checked against the "loc.map" file; custom strings built into a map file would need to be built after removing the loc.map file from the maps directory and then replacing the empty loc.map file that was generated during the build-cache-file tool command with the original loc.map file.
Step 1: modify strings
Step 2: remove loc.map from maps folder
Step 3: run "tool build-cache-file" command
Step 4: move (and replace) the original loc.map file back into the maps folder

This process would be used to customize strings for maps using the HEK; so if you were redoing the ui.map file, you would use this step after modifying the mp_maplist (?) unicode string list text files.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:37 pm

Which modding tools are available for HaloMD?

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:14 am

Eschaton is a powerful program that is able to modify maps in Demo, Full (HaloMD uses this) and Custom Edition formats!

You can get it here. (it's a direct download)

Here i uploaded my plugins library! It contains Sparky's plugins and a lot of obsolete ones that i think could still be useful at times! (In some rare cases, i think sparky's plugins lack an option or two!) But you'll probably not even encounter these cases! (I think that these old plugins might be interesting to take a look at! To get an idea about how people used to do things before sparky's plugins and stuff!)

Just replace the existing Plugins folder with mine, and tada! I am going to write a eschaton for dummies guide soon, i believe! So stay tuned if you want to!
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Ranger

Post by 002 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:56 am

Bumping this for obvious reasons. (9 spam topics in Halo Demo)

Modding should be a cinch with Eschaton. I also recommend taking advantage of other tools. You can find a lot of them on halodemomods.com. http://www.halodemomods.com/wiki/Category:Tools

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:03 pm

Alpha 27 is out! Unfortunately I couldn't get the delta update to work with this one, so the download may take some time.

For release notes, check http://www.halodemomods.com/halomd/releasenotes.html

This version introduces a newly improved sv_map function. sv_map can now load almost any map in the Maps folder, whether or not the map is 'swapped' in the executable or not. It is also intelligent: sv_map depot Slayer will look in the maps folder for files matching depot, and will use the latest version. Thus, as of this writing, it will find and use "depot_1" and switch to that map. You can switch to any map when hosting without having to re-launch Halo, or having to rename the map.

The only thing left as far as the main app goes is figuring out if the UI strings can be simplified.

[edit]: Updated image of HaloMD in first post of this thread. Also happened to play with some people in bloodgulch extreme, on a fun exploring adventure.

Shadow

Re: Tags for HaloMD

Post by Shadow » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:01 am

Hey guys, I'm new to HaloMD, but I have started to play this game a lot. I'm getting bored of just those same vehicles: Warthog, Ghost, Banshee, and Scorpion. I have wanted to add tags, but i don't know how to. Is there any way to easily import tags into HaloMD?
Thanks, and great job!!
Shadow