AI Slayer?

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Re: AI Slayer?

Post by Mgalekgolo » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:58 pm

Meh, i'm being as nice as I can, he just doesn't listen.
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:09 pm

002 wrote:That's how you spawn AI, not how you make it attack each other.
You would need to modify the AI teams in the scnr, and we can't right now modify the scnr with Eschaton by adding chunks/blocks to it such as Encounters and AI references.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Unknown-D
Peon

Post by Unknown-D » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:37 am

rEsTnPeAcEz wrote:When your ai is imported just go to vehicle for example warthog then reference swapper scroll down below proj I'll you see three nulled out actv tags then replace it with any ai then when you play there should be ai in the warthog.
I did that about a year ago. That only results in the AI's attacking you, and as 002 has already mentioned, they won't be attacking each other either. Moreover, they do not respawn upon being killed(I believe that can be modded as well, however it's been a long while since I have actually did any modding, so you will have to figure that part out on your own).

Edit: Alright, maybe more like 1 year and 6 months ago. But what I'm trying to get across to you is the same though.
May peace prevail in this world.
Perhaps I should mod Halo again. Soon.

Ranger

Post by 002 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:24 pm

You can have the vehicle respawn with more AI in it probably. I'd look at Fonzie's L4D mod.

Unknown-D
Peon

Post by Unknown-D » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:59 pm

002 wrote:You can have the vehicle respawn with more AI in it probably. I'd look at Fonzie's L4D mod.
Ah yes, that's the method. You would have to modify a vehicle(preferably a huge one to spawn more AI, such as a sprit dropship), and change some things here and there(I forgot most of the details).

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:05 pm

002 wrote:You can have the vehicle respawn with more AI in it probably. I'd look at Fonzie's L4D mod.
Or just add more vehicles.

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:03 pm

More shit = Lag. Lag = Unhappy player/Crashes.
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:10 am

Here is explained the method we've always used to spawn AIs indefinitely.

The "best" way we have found is by spawning a vehicle through an itmc tag (it's a tag that normally contains either an eqip or a weap, it's used in multiplayer and can be set with a respawn time among other things).
You set which AIs (actv) will spawn by going in the vehicle of your choice's Reference Swapper and putting the AIs in the nulled out actv tags at the bottom of the list. Each of those nulled out actv tags corresponds to a vehicle seat. If you do this, when the vehicle spawns it will contain the AIs you've put in there.

Now, since the itmc is set to respawn what's in it after a certain time, they can spawn these vehicles (and so the AIs in it) ad infinitum. This process though leads to some problems, that are addressed below:

- For starters the AIs won't come out of the vehicle unless it's flipped. So you have to find a way to flip it if you want them to come shooting and following you around. Fonzie was successful with this in his L4D mod, you should check it out.

- Secondly, the vehicles will probably not work for you. Sometimes you can't even get in them if you spawn them like this, and different respawn time settings can have some unexpected consequences on the vehicle itself, like making it look as if it got an active camo, making the vehicle move around by itself, and possibly more crap like that.

- And the last, but not least, issue is vehicle respawning. Every vehicle spawned via itmcs will try to respawn itself like any normal vehicle would do (try to get back to its original spot on the map); but since these vehicles did not have an original spot on the map to begin with, they will all respawn to the first vehicle spawn point of the map. In bloodgulch, it's the blue chaingun warthog's spawn.
This means that if you don't want to have vehicles flying everywhere you will have to move that specific spawn point far outside the map. In this way the vehicles will still respawn, but fall forever in the void outside bloodgulch and not make a mess.

Now, i think that covers it? You still have to modify some stuff in the AIs to make them actually come after you. In my first AI tests they wouldn't move, so i had to mess around in either their actv or actr tags until they did. I don't remember exactly what i did, and i think there are multiple methods to make them try to come to you.
If i recall correctly i flipped a flag somewhere that made them always try to melee me, and set their melee range to a very high number so that they would come to me even from the other side of the map.

But yeah, most of the fun in modding is experimentation! With this information you should be set towards the right direction, so start experimenting and good luck! :)

PS: remember to check out fonzie's mod!
PPS: if you have to spawn a large number of actv's you would be better off using a large vehicle like a pelican or a spirit dropship. They have respectively 12 and 14 seats IIRC, as opposed to a warthog that has only 3.
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:36 pm

To make the vehicle spawn upside down I think you have to edit something in the physics tag not sure what but nice explanation in general. And also you can maybe add a pelican so you can have more AI in one vehicle because a pelican has. A lot of seats. I haven't tested this so I'm not sure if you can do it but there doesn't have to have further modding of the enabling of seats. So that's maybe one way to add more with less lag.

zªCh

Post by zªCh » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:35 pm

i have successfully made a slayer ai mod AND its in the meta data(relatively simple to me)
-zªCh-
I remember thinking that halo would be the one thing that would never update past my mac.....then came HaloMD
now i have 3 versions of combat evolved on my mac...weird stuff.. now if only they made a ppc mac version of custom edition

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:24 pm

zªCh wrote:i have successfully made a slayer ai mod AND its in the meta data(relatively simple to me)
How did you make the AI spawn?

Unknown-D
Peon

Post by Unknown-D » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:50 pm

zªCh wrote:i have successfully made a slayer ai mod AND its in the meta data(relatively simple to me)
Sounds interesting. Perhaps you wouldn't mind showing us how you did it?

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:05 pm

Slayer AI mod is a standard AI mod. A team-based AI mod like Firefight would be different.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

zªCh

Post by zªCh » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:42 pm

i'm still working on better vehi choices but i can (try) to send what i have so far
hmm it doesn't have an upload file spot
-zªCh-
I remember thinking that halo would be the one thing that would never update past my mac.....then came HaloMD
now i have 3 versions of combat evolved on my mac...weird stuff.. now if only they made a ppc mac version of custom edition

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:45 pm

zªCh wrote:i'm still working on better vehi choices but i can (try) to send what i have so far
hmm it doesn't have an upload file spot
Yeah HDM sort of reverted back to the older method of uploading. Just upload your new file like a normal file and link in on your mod's page. Use the template for new pages for mods. The Templates page is found in the left navigation menu.