[WIP](2310's Mod Ideas) Rebuild of Halo 2.0

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Ranger
Location: Forerunner Cartography Installation 330, making new maps!

[WIP](2310's Mod Ideas) Rebuild of Halo 2.0

Post by 2310 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:57 am

I would like to present to everyone a vote in the making of my next mod, especially if you don't like my current mods. Also, I'll use this thread whenever I get a new idea, so if my modding style does not fit your preferences you may safely ignore this thread. Here's a few ideas to start:
  1. The Forerunner Trilogy: 1 campaign, 1 multiplayer and 1 AI "multiplayer" mod following the last days of the three best known Forerunners: Filial Devotion (fight through waves of flood and kill a Proto-Gravemind!), Didact (Activate Halo), and Librarian (Reclaim and index as many specimens as you can!).
  2. (COMPLETED)Halo Doodles: You know how some people like to draw on the cliffs or bases using bullet holes and plasma scorch marks? Well this mod is specifically designed to help them do that, with features such as paintbrush reticules, colorful decals, and cliffs of canvas.
  3. Eva Total Conversion: A total conversion to the world of NGE with a multiplayer "training grounds" and a synchronizing multiplayer AI mod fighting Ramiel, on Tokyo-3, featuring automated launch ramps and auto-turrets, with a wide map with secrets hidden deep underground.
  4. Walking is so 2001: Set in the underground part of the Silent Cartographer, everyone has a jetpack and the bases are at the top and bottom of the big shaft. There's plenty of hiding spots especially for Juggernaut and Oddball, and there's going to be a lot more stuff getting in the way. Vehicles are used as lifts in special shafts. Good luck trying to fly and shoot a sniper rifle at the same time though.
  5. BG Arms Race: You're not fighting for the flag, or a hill, or the oddball. You're fighting for AMMO! Ammo to build weapons and powerups and weapon ammo. Your initial attacks are melee and you start with a blank "spawning weapon" to find more ammo and build more weapons with your ammo.
  6. Dueling Arena: It's mostly a platform on the top of BG made just for two. Spawn in a safe area, grab your choice of weapons, and head out to prove your skill and un-noobishness.
  7. Halo TD: Somewhat like Arms Race, but instead spawn turrets to defend your base from AIs. Choose more turrets and use less ammo, or choose better turrets with more ammo usage.
I hope not all of my ideas are horrible. When commenting on a specific idea, please kindly do the following if possible:
  1. State the name of idea.
  2. Vote on a scale of 1-10, 1 being noobish and 10 being epic.
Feel free to add more, and if you want to use an idea PM me.
Last edited by 2310 on Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:00 am, edited 6 times in total.

Amy
Green Beret

Re: [WIP](2310's Mod Ideas) And thus, a second chance.

Post by Amy » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:37 am

When did i ever say i hated your collab? I just said that i needed a theme to work with...
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

Ranger

Post by 2310 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:43 am

Done. Also, any votes on the above given that BGR can't exactly have a mod theme given it's nature?

As for Seafire's name still being there ...
Seafire wrote: This mod is fucking simple as meat and potatoes and doesn't deserve to be a collab. It doesn't require the million paragraph rants that 2310 posts, or the overcomplicated organization of people, or the hype of the whole thing to the point it needs two threads. If you're going to do a collab, make it sound extremely awesome (Better than HRMT or something), make it professional, and make it NOT THIS.

If you and your little noob friends want to make a collab and end up D-Swapping a few things and fiddle with some variables, be my guest. But keep it in PM's. I seriously don't need to wake up in the morning, check this topic, and end up seeing some overdone rant about the Spartan project which I already know about.

Please gtfo of this thread.

Noodle
Delta Force

Post by Noodle » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:37 am

>_>

I really don't care. I just didn't think that your realism mod needed to be a collab.

Why the hell do you have to make everything be so big and overcomplicated? Just release a mod and see what people think.

Dirk Gently
Commando

Post by Dirk Gently » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:37 pm

no collab work is needed. learn something.

wernarner84
Peon

Post by wernarner84 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:10 pm

I like the idea for #4. Maybe keep the Banshee, but disable it's guns and no splatter(so it's purely a transport)
TaxiService wrote: Not the mod, but the fact that you did actually learn how to do some basic things! 0_0
I am very happy for you, Human! i hope to see more of you!

seabeast
Green Beret

Post by seabeast » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:27 pm

3, 4, and 7 will not work with multiple people playing. Jetpacks lag for joiners and AI don't sync ever. 6 has already been done. 2 and 5 are as easy as your mother. 1 will take forever if you're making a new BSP.

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:28 pm

Dirk Gently wrote:no collab work is needed. learn something.
Yeah seriously man, if you want to be a modder, just stop making people do the dirty work for you. You could easily make the current collab by yourself in less then 2 weeks. And all those up there except the stupid ones that sound like a different game could be just made by yourself. Once you make all those mods, and some more, come back with a huge collab that will rox. People don't like when someone comes out of nowhere with no mods or even proven modding skills and just tells people their idea, and expects to get a roundup of people to make it real.
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

Ranger

Post by 2310 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:44 pm

Beast O' Teh Sea wrote:3, 4, and 7 will not work with multiple people playing. Jetpacks lag for joiners and AI don't sync ever. 6 has already been done. 2 and 5 are as easy as your mother. 1 will take forever if you're making a new BSP.
6 has already been done?

I know 2 & 5 are easy ... I wasn't ever going to make it a collab.

7 is a AI mod, so it isn't meant to be played with anyone else.

As for the Ramiel sync, it's going to be stationary and might be in a vehicle if needed. It'll take teamwork to bring it down due to it's powerful beams and time limit.

I thought jetpacks lag only if they don't have a jetpack map.

For 1, it will probably use a new BSP for both other than the one for SIlent Cartographer, in Didact's campaign.
wernarner84 wrote:I like the idea for #4. Maybe keep the Banshee, but disable it's guns and no splatter(so it's purely a transport)
4 will probably need a CE vehicle or a remodelled Hog because the lift will probably have a shaft made of scenery, and Pelican controls would work best cuz pelicans use jump to rise and crouch to fall. So it'd be like a real lift that would be easy to control. No splatter in a lift shaft might mean that people could keep getting pushed out of the ends, though.
Seafire wrote:>_>

I really don't care. I just didn't think that your realism mod needed to be a collab.

Why the hell do you have to make everything be so big and overcomplicated? Just release a mod and see what people think.
Because I'm trying not to make a mod that no-one other than me wants ... like all those CE ODST imports. Or my ATF mod. Also, I'll grant your wish ... soon.

Sugarlumps
Ranger

Post by Sugarlumps » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:27 am

These ideas are quite simple and need not for a whole collab. It doesn't even need 2 people working on it, just doing it yourself would be fine.
And though I don't normally do, I agree with Seafire this time, why are all your ideas so big and complicated? Why not just release a mod, and see how people like it, so you know which areas you need to improve on?

o_o You know what happened last time (a few weeks after I joined) when I tried to make an AI Mod and play with my friends? It just wasn't fun. AI's also don't sync.

EDIT: Just need to say this - the first collab isn't anywhere near completion, why would you want to make a new one?
Last edited by Sugarlumps on Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Click!

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:03 am

It's quite fun actually.

OMFG WHAT THE FUCK IS SHOOTING ME AND WTF ARE THOSE GUYS NOT DIEING OR MOVING HOLY FUCK WHAT JUST HAPPENED!
MGM Sig

Ranger

Post by 2310 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:46 am

I'm not starting a new collab yet - I'm giving people who don't like my current collab too much a chance to say what they think epic awesomeness is. Also, they're not all collabs. Halo Doodles isn't going to be a collab if people like the idea; it's so simple it'd take four times the time needed instead of if I did it myself. :P
Frinîk wrote:It's quite fun actually.

OMFG WHAT THE FUCK IS SHOOTING ME AND WTF ARE THOSE GUYS NOT DIEING OR MOVING HOLY FUCK WHAT JUST HAPPENED!
That's what happens when I'm using an AI mod and join somebody else's server who has normal BG. :P
Sir Lumps wrote:These ideas are quite simple and need not for a whole collab. It doesn't even need 2 people working on it, just doing it yourself would be fine.
And though I don't normally do, I agree with Seafire this time, why are all your ideas so big and complicated? Why not just release a mod, and see how people like it, so you know which areas you need to improve on?

o_o You know what happened last time (a few weeks after I joined) when I tried to make an AI Mod and play with my friends? It just wasn't fun. AI's also don't sync.

EDIT: Just need to say this - the first collab isn't anywhere near completion, why would you want to make a new one?
1 and 3 doing myself needs me to be good at:
  1. Using CE
  2. Modelling
  3. Animating
  4. Bitmapping
  5. Heavy meta editing
BTW, I'm making a concept art of somewhere in the Forerunner Trilogy.

As for making a mod and releasing it, I have three. And a fourth will be coming soon. (Ghost/Be Human) My ideas seem big and complicated cuz the big complicated ones take time, and it'd be a waste if I'm the only one who likes it.

Also, I just realized something - AI's don't sync, but perhaps we could use this in a two person mod where one person is supposed to complete a task "blind" (cuz he/she won't see the real AI) and the host person needs to protect the other person?

@ Seabeast: Why won't 3 work?

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:55 pm

Why don't we have a BIG collab, everyone who wants to make something can and we'll import it.
No primary modders and stuff like that just people doing awesome stuff and putting it in a mod. Like the MGM super mod 2010 edition!

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:14 pm

olly12345 wrote:Why don't we have a BIG collab, everyone who wants to make something can and we'll import it.
No primary modders and stuff like that just people doing awesome stuff and putting it in a mod. Like the MGM super mod 2010 edition!
Because every time we tried this it either took way too long, people argued over random shit, or... I don't even know what. People wouldn't get back about things... BLARGH! It was hell. I hated arranging the MGM Supermod...
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
WilliamSub wrote:They flock with your hormones
MGM Sig

Ranger

Post by 2310 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:11 pm

olly12345 wrote:Why don't we have a BIG collab, everyone who wants to make something can and we'll import it.
Somehow ... that sounds chaotic unless we can all agree on a theme. Or we can make a base map, make a list of things for people to do, ensure that they don't conflict, and then import everyone's stuff over the originals. No one will argue because we made the universal changes first, and people will only have to do their parts.

I can do the base map; anyone wants to do the importing for me? (I'll still do the collab organization)
Kayar wrote:
Because every time we tried this it either took way too long, people argued over random shit, or... I don't even know what. People wouldn't get back about things... BLARGH! It was hell. I hated arranging the MGM Supermod...
We can have deadlines!