Apocalypse Gulch - a mod in progress

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

?mike?
Ranger

Post by ?mike? » Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:14 pm

did i miss something? when was a beta released to the public?

>Shadow<
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by >Shadow< » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:33 pm

A few weeks ago on SI19's forum.

?Demon?
SEAL

Post by ?Demon? » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:09 pm

http://sleepinginsomniac.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=361

Great mod. A little bit too dark, but wonderfully fun.
Karahna wrote:I have a small penis. :(
PWNAGED! DON'T ASK ME MOD QUESTIONS OR I WILL JUST MAKE FUN OF YOU AND CALL YOU MEAN NAMES.

Pav
Peon

Post by Pav » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:11 pm

Go figure.

Haha, job well done.
Back in Black (& White).
And every other color in the light spectrum perceptible to the human eye, typically those ranging from 400 nanometers to roughly 700 nanometers in wavelength.

Arthur9
Peon

Post by Arthur9 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:18 am

mavrick06 wrote:SI when is the full version going to be released?
the beta was great! so all that needs to be done is some weapon adjustments?
i get owned at least every game by a comet! lol
i love hiding in the back of a peli when you are being attacked by many people and sitting there with a shottie and nades and nading anyone who sticks their head around the corner or blowing it off with the shottie at close range.
if you are on the SI site pm me (on Si forums) and i may donate some money to help you out in buying the apocalypse mod. be quick! limited stocks available!
Can you help me to get the Apocalypse Gulch?

mavrick

Post by mavrick » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:29 pm

Arthur9 wrote:
mavrick06 wrote:SI when is the full version going to be released?
the beta was great! so all that needs to be done is some weapon adjustments?
i get owned at least every game by a comet! lol
i love hiding in the back of a peli when you are being attacked by many people and sitting there with a shottie and nades and nading anyone who sticks their head around the corner or blowing it off with the shottie at close range.
if you are on the SI site pm me (on Si forums) and i may donate some money to help you out in buying the apocalypse mod. be quick! limited stocks available!
Can you help me to get the Apocalypse Gulch?
my only condition is that whoever wants help from me must join SI forums and become a regular member (poster). as i dont want to help out people who are just going to join to get the mod then never come back again.
so yes if you join the forum Arthur and Pm me on that site i will help you out. remembering there are limited copies SI has released (19 i think). they may be all gone.

mavrick

Post by mavrick » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:37 pm

ok well i seem to be loosing money rapidly lol.
so i am restricting my offer to two more people. the first two pm's i get from people on www.sleepinginsomniac.com will recieve the amount of money they need to purchase the mod.

SleepingInsomniac
SEAL

Re: Apocalypse Gulch - a mod in progress

Post by SleepingInsomniac » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:32 pm

purchase the mod, ...wha??? I don't own sleepinginsomniac.com anymore, but if anyone wants it I'll upload what was done.

----)
- Pseudosleep on halo

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:29 pm

SleepingInsomniac wrote:purchase the mod, ...wha??? I don't own sleepinginsomniac.com anymore, but if anyone wants it I'll upload what was done.

----)
Why don't you finish your mod first? Then you can port it to MD and submit it to our database. Should sound interesting for someone that's been away for a long time ;).
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Fonzeh
Ranger
Location: "I didn't just take your mom out to dinner. I ate your mom for dinner."

Post by Fonzeh » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:09 pm

Oh man you gotta tell me how you did the raining meteor thing.

Id like to have a similar thing except with perhaps pelicans or ships falling from the sky.

Some sexy cinematic value.
G[v]N wrote:HUGE NOTIFICATION
THIS GRAVY HAS BRAINS
Mota-Lev was here 30/4/2010@2:18pm

Tucker933
Peon

Post by Tucker933 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:01 am

Lucifer wrote:Oh man you gotta tell me how you did the raining meteor thing.

Id like to have a similar thing except with perhaps pelicans or ships falling from the sky.

Active scenery, use the cinematic scenery weapons, they're basically just emitters that can fire projectiles. You can attach whatever model you want to the projectile, and even add flyby effects.
You can control the firing rates within the effect tag.

WaeV
Peon

Post by WaeV » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:54 am

Tucker and the other creators of FTW2 used the process Tucker just described to achieve something very similar to what you seem to want, Fonz/Lucifer. In FTW2-Gephy there was a background space battle with pelicans and covenant ships flying all around. There might still be a preview on YouTube. I'm not sure if that mod was compatible with Macs, but it's worth a shot.

I thought it was a neat effect - it'd be neat to see something like it in more mods. Maybe with actual flybys that do damage?

Edit: Here's where I host the FTW2 maps: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/gc7xc48wy35ce/Halo_FTW2

Tucker933
Peon

Post by Tucker933 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:59 am

WaeV wrote:Edit: Here's where I host the FTW2 maps: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/gc7xc48wy35ce/Halo_FTW2
Stop posting that shitty mod lol

Ranger

Post by 002 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:29 am

Tucker933 wrote:

Active scenery, use the cinematic scenery weapons, they're basically just emitters that can fire projectiles. You can attach whatever model you want to the projectile, and even add flyby effects.
Actually, SleepingInsomniac used a rocket launcher that spawned rapidly firing rockets. A long time ago I managed to catch the rocket launcher.

Tucker933
Peon

Post by Tucker933 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:00 am

002 wrote:
Tucker933 wrote:

Actually, SleepingInsomniac used a rocket launcher that spawned rapidly firing rockets. A long time ago I managed to catch the rocket launcher.
Yeah, not a good way to do it at all.