Finnwars problem

Everything about BF 1942 and its mods.
global

Finnwars problem

Post by global » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:39 pm

Hi All,

I downloaded the Finnwars mod at:

http://monoman.edgegaming.com/modules.p ... by=titleDI

I installed the 2 folders in Battlefield 1942>Data>Mods. This is the same place where I've put Forgotten Hope, the various Desert Combat mods and Eve Of Destruction, all of which work fine.

The problem I'm having with Finnwars is that although Single Player works fine I can neither join a server nor start a local MultiPlayer game: in both cases I get a series of error messages telling me that various templates aren't found. Template id numbers are 4 digits starting with 5.

Any thoughts on what might be wrong? Per above, the other installed mods all work fine as does BF1942 itself. Oh, I should add that I've redownloaded and reinstalled Finnwars in the hope that the first download might have gotten corrupted but no help there.

I'm using a dual 1.44 Ghz G4 running OS X. 4.8.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Global

striderdm1
Peon

Re: Finnwars problem

Post by striderdm1 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:20 am

Hi,

real daft question, but you're running the latest version of bf1942 right?
i hate to say this, but it looks like something went wrong somewhere! I've just ran Finnwars okay, there are 5 people on a server as i type. Mine loaded and joined fine... I hope Monoman doesn't think i'm spamming here, but give our version a try at AppleCrypt Mods. It's split into 10 smaller downloads, this is because my isp won't allow me to upload files greater than about 100mb (grr!)
HTH?

Cheers, Strider.

global

Post by global » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:31 pm

Hi Strider,

Thanks so much for your reply. Yes, running latest version of bf42.

Thanks for the tip on applecrypt, looks great and I'd been looking for a Mac version of 1918!

I'll be downloading your version of Finnwars...wish me luck,

Global

striderdm1
Peon

Post by striderdm1 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:42 pm

Good luck! ; )
Sorry i couldn't help more..

Strider

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:44 pm

The Finnwars download on MGM is one of your versions. I'm not sure if Finnwars has been updated so it may be one of your old versions you did.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

global

Post by global » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:08 pm

Hi All,

I downloaded and installed Finnwars from applecrypt mods and no joy. Same problem as before when trying to join a server or start a local game: I get this series of errors with various templates i.d.s not found.

I noticed that with both versions I've tried that when I go to Custom Game all mods except Finnwars show a version number. Finnwars single player shows a version number but not Finnwars itself. Don't know what if anything this means...

Thanks again for your help,

Global

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:54 pm

It might be Finnwars is single player only. I don't remember if it had a multiplayer mode.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Capt.eero
Peon

Post by Capt.eero » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:00 am

I download it at filefront it have 10 files and when you have downloaded all of theme then expand them at stufllt expander.P.S sorry my bad english. :D
And it works perfectly
Battlefield 1942, Battlefield 1942 mods, Bf 1942 expansion packs, Minecraft, Cod 2, Civ IV, Civ IV expansion packs, Civ V, Imperial Glory, Lord of the rings the return of the king, sims, sims 2 and expansion packs, Sims 3 and expansionpacks.