PC v. Mac Demo 'software mismatch' (versions)

Everything about GhRD and its mods.
[BIG] Ranger
Operative

PC v. Mac Demo 'software mismatch' (versions)

Post by [BIG] Ranger » Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:39 am

Was setting up a little LAN at home, hoping to play the GR Demo between my Macs and my PC...

Imagine my surprise when I tried to join a game from the PC and got 'software mismatch'!

On checking the version numbers between my PC demo and my Mac demo I find they are different versions:

PC: v1.0.0.2
Mac: v1.2.10.0

The PC demo was created in 2001 - and the Mac a year later.

Has anyone solved the connection problems between these two demos? Or is there a patch somewhere (I haven't been able to find one)?

Ta.

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:18 pm

No patch was made to allow the mac and pc versions of the demo to play together. Although the full versions on the mac and pc can be played together.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Mongrel

PC Version?

Post by Mongrel » Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:04 pm

My father wants to try out the Demo of GhR, but doesn't have (and doesn't want) an Internet connection. I told him that I'd download the PC version and put it on CD. Every time I try to do that, though, I get ONLY the Mac version of the demo. Is this a matter of cookies determining my OS and only serving me Mac pages? Can anyone help in this matter? He will probably end up buying the full version anyway, but he wants to try it out, you know?

Mongrel
-- "My kingdom for a Humvee."

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:09 pm

I'm not sure where you were looking for the PC version that you got the Mac version, but my site has a link to the PC version.

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Mongrel

Post by Mongrel » Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:09 pm

I tried that, but the Download window (the one that either says, "you have x minutes, click here to wait in line" OR "Begin Download Immediately!") comes up with a Lego™ block with a "?" on it and no information about how much longer it will take or anything. I've been waiting about an hour and nothing is happening when there was supposedly only an eleven minute queue. I don't think it recognizes OS X. If you have any suggestions, or would be willing to FTP or Hotline me a copy of GhRD for PC, I'd be grateful.

Mongrel
-- "My kingdom for a Humvee."

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Sat Apr 17, 2004 5:22 pm

Here is another place to download the demo. GhRD
If that doesn't work for you, just search for it on Google. Just about every Ghost Recon site has the demo.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig